Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Mar 2007 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Shuriken_Thrower : 17th Mar 2007 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Edit
Sims 2 Lot Expander-Help please!
I downloaded the Sims 2 Lot Expander for my game to expand some of my small lots in a custom neighborhood of mine. When I got it loaded,I tried it on one of my houses and there was an error after I clicked ok.(I didnt cpoy that error and dont want to do it again in case it messes up more).It's options were continue and quit.I chose continue and nothing happened,so I X'd out.
Then I tried it one more time.Same thing.I tried some other lots in the neighborhood(2) and the same thing happened.So I tried a community lot over there,it worked.And I tried 2 on Pleasantview,and they worked aswell.
So,since it didnt work,I decided to just go play my lot.
When I got there,the first lot I tried looked like thisNot what I expected)

I panicked and went inside the lot,which plays normally except that if you go to the left or front,there's just a big blue gap(which when you zoom there,your camera falls below the house.The other two were like this aswell but the community lot was fine.

[I expected it to increase the size of the lot backwards a bit and to the side-As you see,thats not the case]

I want to know if there's ANY way to fix this
It's my first legacy family that I've been playing for a while now and already have three generations.I'm pretty sure if I move them out and delete the lot,then make a new one,I could fix the problem,but then my reward objects would be gone,as well as my house(which was going to be part of my story-line)I would absolutely HATE to do that -__-.

So any help would be greatly appreciated.

(OH!And if I placed this in the wrong section,I'm sorry.Please move it)
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2007 at 10:15 PM
Sorry for the double post,but, it dosent seem like anyone can help-I suppose I'll have to remake the houses.Though it says someone(Spencer) did post in this thread but it dosn't show so I'm guessing it's deleted or something.
Oh well
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st May 2007 at 7:20 AM
Default Ok
Does anyone ever hear this "Back up the files first"
You had to back up the files and then you could replace it after you got the problem!

I'm The Sims2 Version Of Steven Speilberg
Movies Are My Game
I yet make good RE-Colors
Test Subject
#5 Old 26th May 2007 at 12:28 PM
hhhhmmm have you still problem wirhgt that ore not for I can si at that is a huge lots there
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 26th May 2007 at 12:45 PM
This problem is fixable. It happens because the lot size isn't stored in the lot package, but in the neighborhood package. When the lot expander encounters a problem modifying the lot package, it's already modified the neighborhood package so you get a lot which the neighborhood thinks is bigger than it really is. Backing up the lot package would not have helped in this case.

To fix this, do the following:

1 - Start up SimPE and enter the neighborhood browser.

2 - Make a backup of your neighborhood.

3 - Open the neighborhood containing the affected lot.

4 - In the top left window, click on Lot Description

5 - In the top right window, click on the affected lot.

6 - Change the width and height values back to what they were originally (remember that height includes the width of the road so a 3*2 lot should have width=3 height=3)

7 - Click on the commit button (right at the bottom)

8 - Select file > save

9 - Exit SimPE and run your game

10 - Everything should now be ok - but if it isn't, no worrys because you made a backup.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 26th May 2007 at 1:09 PM Last edited by corvidophile2 : 26th May 2007 at 1:25 PM.
Additionally i want to say that it hasn't been updated for Pets and Seasons ep's so if you have these expansions i don't think it will work.

You will find my older and newest creations here