Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2023 at 3:19 AM
Default Model textures change between TSRW and CAS
Hi! This is essentially my first sims 3 cc, but Ive been struggling with textures.
https://imgur.com/3A42K2a
For some reason it either comes up with a white texture, or steals a texture from another piece of cc.
Im unsure why this is happening because when I move between my more functioning pieces in this set it matches fine, and I geniuenly dont know what could be wrong.

https://imgur.com/PGNjR8P
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 7th Jun 2023 at 7:48 AM
As I'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of stuff on here (made obvious by my own recent CC troubles), have you made sure that you assigned the vertex IDs? I remember a piece I tried awhile ago that would turn invisible when I added anything else to the Sims outfit besides it. I fixed it by making sure I had assigned it the to correct vertex number group for the accessory it was.

Hopefully someone with a better idea of all this stuff can help you if that's not the answer.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Jul 2023 at 11:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Usagi-Tora
As I'm not the most knowledgeable about this kind of stuff on here (made obvious by my own recent CC troubles), have you made sure that you assigned the vertex IDs? I remember a piece I tried awhile ago that would turn invisible when I added anything else to the Sims outfit besides it. I fixed it by making sure I had assigned it the to correct vertex number group for the accessory it was.

Hopefully someone with a better idea of all this stuff can help you if that's not the answer.

I actually managed to figure it out (for anyone else having the same problem)

Essentially what you do, is take the uv map from your mesh and insert it into a program like UV mapper, then the uv map will be automatically fixed. But most likely if your UV required the fixing your textures will probably not fit.
readjust those back into position, then reinsert into TSRW and it should fix it

if it doesnt im not entirely sure what to do.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 9th Jul 2023 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by handybud
I actually managed to figure it out (for anyone else having the same problem)

Essentially what you do, is take the uv map from your mesh and insert it into a program like UV mapper, then the uv map will be automatically fixed. But most likely if your UV required the fixing your textures will probably not fit.
readjust those back into position, then reinsert into TSRW and it should fix it

if it doesnt im not entirely sure what to do.

FYI, UV Mapper is kind of archaic, and generally not used, or needed for TS3. Generally, UV mapping is done by whichever meshing program you use. Most objects already have a UV map. Geoms imported to Blender, that do not have UV map, probably don't have supporting bone groups. Created objects, can have the UV projected, or unwrapped, and adjusted from there, and then fit to textures... or textures fit to the new UV.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2023 at 10:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
FYI, UV Mapper is kind of archaic, and generally not used, or needed for TS3. Generally, UV mapping is done by whichever meshing program you use. Most objects already have a UV map. Geoms imported to Blender, that do not have UV map, probably don't have supporting bone groups. Created objects, can have the UV projected, or unwrapped, and adjusted from there, and then fit to textures... or textures fit to the new UV.

Im just saying what ended up working for me since my original uv maps were beyond broken in game