Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2010 at 6:05 PM
Default Is "open" == close without save? Or am I being silly?
I just noticed something rather unfortunate: i meant to import, but hit "Open" instead, so it, well, opened, like I told it to. Is the file I was working on still floating somewhere in metaspace, hidden behind an extra special alt-crtl-shift-ZZZ!!!11! key? If not, is there a way I can make it yell at me should I do this again? There was no "are you sure?" prompt or anything .. but it does prompt me every time I save, with "Save Over?" >.<

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 1st Mar 2010 at 6:02 AM
Sorry, I'm just now seeing this thread There are two places that you can find quit sessions. On my pc they're in C:tmp and oddly enough, the Recycle Bin.
There's no warning, but you could always do "Recover Last Session" in the File menu.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Apr 2010 at 8:50 PM
I'm pretty late into this discussion, but it may help someone (I hope).

Drag the preferences window down or just change the Window Type of one of your open windows to User Preferences, then select Auto Save. There is a button there to open a recent file and I think it will even consider temp files as recent.