Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:36 AM Last edited by Misanthrope : 10th Sep 2012 at 6:59 PM.
Armor Sets:

Holy shit, they're awesome D:
I'm only at 55 so far on the guardian, will be needing to run dungeons for some of these later :O

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#52 Old 10th Sep 2012 at 6:37 AM
Pretty!
Instructor
#53 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 5:36 PM
Got a Mac and want to play Guild Wars 2?

Here's some good news!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/...2-for-mac-beta/

They call me The Seeker.
I've been searching low and high.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 5:42 PM
I have a level 18 elementalist plant and she is very squishy. But the death penalties are minimal. I'm finding the crafting fun. So I'm enjoying the game so far.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 7:39 PM
I'm up to almost level 46 with my sylvari ranger. I'm really loving this game - it's not grindy at all, and you can explore everywhere, even if you've out-levelled it, due to the scaling. Really cool.

If anyone's looking for a guild, lemme know - me, Delphy, and some friends have a little guild that we use to go adventuring together.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Instructor
#56 Old 18th Sep 2012 at 11:44 PM
Our guild, VisualGamers, is made up of 70% power levelers and 30% "what's the hurry levelers". I'm in the WTHL camp and my highest level is a L33 Sylvari Necromancer. I'm having tons of fun running around poking my nose into odd corners of Tyria with my other five characters. Having all these characters means I can cover all the crafting disciplines. This comes in handy since most of the gear they use is crafted.

I had a fun time running through the level 30 dungeon Ascalonian Catacombs last night with my fellow WTHLers. We didn't finish it do to time constraints. But it was crazy fun getting wiped over and over and having to rethink strategy and utility skills to make it through the hard parts.

They call me The Seeker.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Sep 2012 at 9:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
I'm up to almost level 46 with my sylvari ranger. I'm really loving this game - it's not grindy at all, and you can explore everywhere, even if you've out-levelled it, due to the scaling. Really cool.

If anyone's looking for a guild, lemme know - me, Delphy, and some friends have a little guild that we use to go adventuring together.

Aww, HP, I would love to join up, but the way they've set up the servers, you can only belong to ONE grrrrr. I'm on the American server Gate of Madness. Appropriate!
Instructor
#58 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 10:52 PM
Guild Wars 2 Halloween --Shadow of the Mad King

Halloween is almost here.
There’s a baleful moon on the rise and a chill in the air.
Ghosts bemoan their lonesome graves,
and bats in the belfry grow restless and crazed.
Prepare your costume; get ready for sweets.
It’s almost time to shout, “Trick or treat!”

Coming Soon!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/events/halloween-2012

From what I've heard about Guild Wars celebrating the Holidays this should be FUN!

They call me The Seeker.
Theorist
#59 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 12:57 AM
I'm on Jade Quarry, mostly I've spent my time leveling toons to 30 to see which classes I like (or not). So far I guess I'm a Thief/Ranger/Elementalist guy...I have fun with the Warrior, but ultimately earning XP with the Warrior seems like it takes forever and a day compared to my range guys or "death by stabstabstabstab" double daggers.
Theorist
#60 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 2:12 AM
Never played an MMO before. The only online gaming I've done was once with Burnout Paradise. My opinion, based off of what I've read, is that an MMO is grinding and your reward for it is getting ganked and being called a noob.
Theorist
#61 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 4:57 AM
A. PvP on Guild Wars 2 is more or less an entirely separate game. Unless you go into a submenu and actively seek it out, you never see it.
B. The XP advancement structure of Guild Wars 2 is such to discourage griefing in general, and encourages ad hoc assistance on almost every level, up to and including the way Guild Wars structures zones so keep high and low level players both competitive.
C. Again, it's remarkably even handed. I've come across some pretty sweet equipment combos for some of my characters for certain level stretches, but I've never seen but one person in the position of playing the game "wrong" - and that's because they were bitching about kill stealing, which can't happen really on GW2, and even if had truly been a problem if they'd asked nicely I'd have grouped them and dragged them through their first ten levels of play that night. So that was the only "noob" comment I've ever heard, because the jackwad was bitching about me killing stuff they could have helped me kill and earned xp on themselves but instead sat around waiting on their thumbs like a dork instead of just playing. So there was a bunch of good-natured facepalming and "you're doing it wrong" directed at that guy, but it was right after launch so pretty much everyone was a "noob" then unless they'd Beta'd.

Especially since I tend to follow random people around like everyone else, because that's how you get the Event activities to fire a lot of the time (which spawn more and more interesting enemies, along with Event Chains, which are more of the same).

Really, the only thing I really have a problem with in the game is my completionist bug buzzes for unfinished maps and sometimes it's difficult to tell where the last Point of Interest is, or else it's in a weird, hard to get to place that's sometimes surrounded by Veteran enemies (or worse, Veteran enemies underground, *shudder*)
Instructor
#62 Old 15th Oct 2012 at 4:47 PM Last edited by SimJymm : 15th Oct 2012 at 5:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Shoosh Malooka
Never played an MMO before. The only online gaming I've done was once with Burnout Paradise. My opinion, based off of what I've read, is that an MMO is grinding and your reward for it is getting ganked and being called a noob.

Rather than repeat the good information that Mistermook wrote, let me direct you to WoodenPotatoes videos. He's a well spoken, knowledgeable YouTube video maker.

Here's the first of his character creation vids.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW5eFqQD0bY

On a more "Angry" note, here's Angry Joe's review mostly directed at MMO players. NSFW at times due to language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ax-_06Acj8Y

They call me The Seeker.
Instructor
#63 Old 22nd Oct 2012 at 3:04 PM
PCGamer gets a sneak peak at Halloween.

ArenaNet tweets "ACT 1 of the "Shadow of the Mad King" update will go live late this afternoon (Pacific time), do not expect it until past midnight GMT. ^AT"

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/22/g...things-at-kids/

They call me The Seeker.
Instructor
#64 Old 12th Nov 2012 at 6:33 PM
Here's a few shots from last month's Halloween Celebration

"Mummified" After a player drank a tonic.

The splash loading screen for Lion's Arch changed for the Return of the Mad King

The Lion Fountain has seen better days...

...and was destroyed by the Mad King's arrival!

Several more shots follow.

Which brings us to November's Event:

Something is stirring in the Sea of Sorrows

– and we want to make sure that you are not missing out, so here is a schedule (without spoilers) for you, so you can plan ahead:
On Friday November 16th at noon PST (20:00 GMT) the weekend will kick off with an Event in Lion’s Arch that you don’t want to miss. This will trigger events in other parts of Tyria as well.

*On Saturday November 17th at noon PST (20:00 GMT), another phase will kick in.

Each phase is triggered by a special event, but you will be able to enjoy additional content afterwards even if you cannot make the kick-off time.

There is one exception:

The event will culminate in a big Finale on Sunday November 18, make sure you will not miss it. This will be a onetime only event chain that will run multiple hours, and it will kick off at noon PST (20:00 GMT). Again, this will only run once, so make sure you will be there! There will be plenty of content available to enjoy that will remain permanently in the world as a result of the outcome of this event on Sunday.
We will give you more details once we get closer to the event, but wanted to give you an early heads up so you can plan accordingly.

And a bit more info about another sPvP map, a "crabby" invasion and a new "endless" dungeon can be found here.

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/...ate.html/page/1

They call me The Seeker.
Instructor
#65 Old 8th Dec 2012 at 2:14 PM
ArenaNet is offering a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe and is including an exclusive Wizard's Hat!

Quote:
For a limited time, buy Guild Wars 2 and get a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe Edition (a $20 value), which includes a host of in-game items along with the exclusive Wizard's Hat.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/wizard-promo/

They call me The Seeker.
Instructor
#66 Old 22nd Dec 2012 at 2:03 AM
On a similar note as my last post.

Guild Wars 2 is now on sale.

Quote:
$44.99 for 3 days only
Sale Price $59.99
Reg. $79.99
Save an Extra $15 Ends December 24, 2012 at 12 PM Pacific Standard Time

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/wizar...CFQ-e4AodMjEAyA

They call me The Seeker.
Instructor
#67 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 4:34 AM
Well since I still play a Necromancer I don't feel bad about resurrecting this thread

Yes it's been ages since any one posted here but for those who were once interested in playing...

There's a free play period, it's a week long. Also there's a limited time price reduction (I know, it's not a big one)

More info about it here.
http://www.gamebreak...ited-time-sale/

and a direct link here https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

They call me The Seeker.

Page 3 of 3