Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 6:57 PM
Default (Scripting) Help with Adding buffs
I've been racking my brain with tutorials and help posts and i still can't figure out how to add the buff to the game, I've used both a tutorial method and a template be neither of them work in game, Did i mess it up some how or do i need to rewrite everything?
Here are my attempts, One with each method.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  AskForLittleSibling Tests.rar (47.7 KB, 2 downloads)

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 7:08 PM Last edited by Battery : 27th Jul 2022 at 7:18 PM.
Well you did not include the changes suggested in your last thread.

Since your template project looks kinda messy (multiple supposed main classes but only one tuning) and you want the easiest solution to just get the buff working in game quickest is to open the template creator select the BuffLoader preset and recreat the Buff you already had and then create a project. This will at least get the buff working you can then move your interaction parts you already had over to your new project, after you tested the buff in game.

Also make sure to read up on the courses (if you havent done so until now) which were suggested to get a better grasp on c#. this should really help you to connect the dots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
Well you did not include the changes suggested in your last thread.

Since your template project looks kinda messy (multiple supposed main classes but only one tuning) and you want the easiest solution to just get the buff working in game quickest is to open the template creator select the BuffLoader preset and recreat the Buff you already had and then create a project. This will at least get the buff working you can then move your interaction parts you already had over to your new project, after you tested the buff in game.

Also make sure to read up on the courses (if you havent done so until now) which were suggested to get a better grasp on c#. this should really help you to connect the dots

Thank you! I have been looking into c# but i Just wanted to know if i had to redo somethings since it was kinda messy

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Space Pony
#4 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 9:29 PM
I think this was a bit confusing to you since you were confronted with different styles. You took parts from the tutorial to the template for example that were already implemented plus your old main class was already there which made the base structure of the project a bit unclear. Thats why i suggested using the template buffloader since it gives you a clean slate. Alternatively just following PuddingFaces tutorial would also be clear ( you just have to keep in mind to create stbls for every language when choosing that path)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 10:12 PM
I think this was a bit confusing to you since you were confronted with different styles. You took parts from the tutorial to the template for example that were already implemented plus your old main class was already there which made the base structure of the project a bit unclear. Thats why i suggested using the template buffloader since it gives you a clean slate. Alternatively just following PuddingFaces tutorial would also be clear ( you just have to keep in mind to create stbls for every language when choosing that path)

Haha, yeah, I didn't know what i was doing then, I'm able to understand a bit better now so I'm going to rewrite the whole thing and hopefully i do it right this time. Thanks again!

Bro, I'm So Tired....
Space Pony
#6 Old 27th Jul 2022 at 10:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by OhCrapItsTBGP
Haha, yeah, I didn't know what i was doing then, I'm able to understand a bit better now so I'm going to rewrite the whole thing and hopefully i do it right this time. Thanks again!

Well good luck !
I hope i did not sound to harsh before i would really like for you to succeed with your project.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 1:01 AM
Well good luck !
I hope i did not sound to harsh before i would really like for you to succeed with your project.

No, not at all! I word things as if i don't know anything and my script was a mess so I understand why people would think I don't know what i'm doing lol.

Bro, I'm So Tired....