Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

XCAS core mod: more tattoo locations, edit naked outfit, slider hack, body hair, more - update 5/23/16 Steam version added.

by CmarNYC Posted 15th Feb 2011 at 5:58 PM - Updated 23rd May 2016 at 3:53 PM by CmarNYC : Steam support added

1691 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 1273 Feedback Posts, 417 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 67 of 68
Test Subject
#1651 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 10:52 AM
Hey @CmarNYC, first I want to thank you for your many great mods. One of your mods I use is the XCAS-CoreMod. Unfortunately I have a little problem with the mod, which only occurs when XCAS is used. No values are displayed for the sliders in the CAS module. It's not really a big issue, but I sometimes want to write down the values of some sliders so I can quickly apply them to another sim or give them to a friend so they can use them. I also think that I can do better fine-tuning with the displayed values. I use XCAS along with the NRaas Master Controller and in the settings of the Master Controller there is an option "overwrite CAS Settings". If I activate this option, the values for the individual sliders are displayed, but then the sliders do not work.

Now my question: Is there a way to display the values for the sliders in the CAS modul when I use XCAS CoreMod? Thank you for answer in advance and have a nice day.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1652 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 12:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TCO2000
Hey @CmarNYC, first I want to thank you for your many great mods. One of your mods I use is the XCAS-CoreMod. Unfortunately I have a little problem with the mod, which only occurs when XCAS is used. No values are displayed for the sliders in the CAS module. It's not really a big issue, but I sometimes want to write down the values of some sliders so I can quickly apply them to another sim or give them to a friend so they can use them. I also think that I can do better fine-tuning with the displayed values. I use XCAS along with the NRaas Master Controller and in the settings of the Master Controller there is an option "overwrite CAS Settings". If I activate this option, the values for the individual sliders are displayed, but then the sliders do not work.

Now my question: Is there a way to display the values for the sliders in the CAS modul when I use XCAS CoreMod? Thank you for answer in advance and have a nice day.

I'm sorry but I have no idea. XCAS only increases the number of sliders allowed, it doesn't change settings for the sliders. Possibly there's a conflict between this and MC in this one area. My suggestion is that you remove XCAS and use MC with the tattoo add on - I think that gives you almost the same functions as XCAS.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Mad Poster
#1653 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 1:04 PM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Mar 2020 at 6:28 PM.

In order to use the full core version of XCAS together with MC effectively, the number of sliders that both mods allow for must match exactly (usually this will be some value like 100 or 250, but really any values can be used as long as they aren't too high). For MC, that number is set under NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Max Sliders. For XCAS, it is done by way of a tuning file, either one of the provided ones as is or one of them can be edited in S3PE and then used instead. If the two values differ, then random things can happen such as sliders not appearing to work at all.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1654 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
In order to use the full core version of XCAS together with MC effectively, the number of sliders that both mods allow for must match exactly (usually this will be some value like 100 or 250, but really any valuess can be used as long as they aren't too high). For MC, that number is set under NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Max Sliders. For XCAS, it is done by way of a tuning file, either one of the provided ones as is or one of them can be edited in S3PE and then used instead. If the two values differ, then random things can happen such as sliders not appearing to work at all.

Thanks, very helpful!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Test Subject
#1655 Old 2nd Mar 2020 at 10:06 PM
Thanx for your replies. I have the same issue where no values for sliders are shown in the CAS when I use only the XCAS-CoreMod in my mod folder. Just tested. It is really strange.
If I only use the Master Controller along the tattoo addon do then tattoos work for teens or do I have only the new tattoo locations?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1656 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 12:04 AM
Thanx for your replies. I have the same issue where no values for sliders are shown in the CAS when I use only the XCAS-CoreMod in my mod folder. Just tested. It is really strange.
If I only use the Master Controller along the tattoo addon do then tattoos work for teens or do I have only the new tattoo locations?

XCAS alone will not show numbers on the sliders. Did you try setting the number of sliders to the same value in both XCAS and MC like igazor said?

I don't remember exactly what MC does about teens getting tattoos.

Test Subject
#1657 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 12:41 PM
Well I have now for both XCAS and MC the sliders set to the same amount and still no values are shown for the sliders in CaS. If I turn on the option "overwrite core sliders" in MC then the values for the single sliders are shown but then some sliders aren't working even though the amount of sliders is set high enough so all installed sliders should work.
Did I forget something or did I anything wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1658 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 5:04 PM
Well I have now for both XCAS and MC the sliders set to the same amount and still no values are shown for the sliders in CaS. If I turn on the option "overwrite core sliders" in MC then the values for the single sliders are shown but then some sliders aren't working even though the amount of sliders is set high enough so all installed sliders should work.
Did I forget something or did I anything wrong?

If you're not using MC Integration, make sure you're going into CAS through MC. Beyond that, you should ask in the MC forums since my knowledge of MC is limited.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1659 Old 3rd Mar 2020 at 10:20 PM
Well I think got it to work now. I just removed the not working sliders from my mod pack, they are not so important. Thanx for all your help.
Test Subject
#1660 Old 30th May 2020 at 4:08 AM
When I switch to the nude outfit or out of it, all my custom sliders reset ? Can't get them back by reverting neither
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1661 Old 30th May 2020 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Okalomas
When I switch to the nude outfit or out of it, all my custom sliders reset ? Can't get them back by reverting neither

I haven't seen this happen and there's nothing in XCAS that would cause it as far as I know. Possibly it's caused by another mod or the combination of XCAS with another mod. You'll have to remove all other mods and start a new game to test if the problem still happens, and if it doesn't, add your other mods back a few at a time and retest.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#1662 Old 17th Jun 2020 at 7:35 PM
Thank you for keeping your mod!!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#1663 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 3:18 PM
One never thinks you will need something until you do, right?
I have always used your TUNING SLIDERS NUMBER 100 considering that I would never need more than that number of sliders. Aha. Well I counted the sliders I am using already in a recent install of TS3 and I got to 91 in total. That is, counting the game and CC sliders. I have read that using S3PE I can modify your tuning mod to get a different number of sliders working, and I think I can manage to do that. Then I was in doubt and I am sorry to bother you with this question. The total number of sliders includes the game ones?
So, if, for example I want to add 50 more sliders I would need to modify the tuning file to at least 150 sliders maximum to include both game and CC ones? Or should I only count the extra CC sliders?
Thank you so very much for your mods!!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1664 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
One never thinks you will need something until you do, right?
I have always used your TUNING SLIDERS NUMBER 100 considering that I would never need more than that number of sliders. Aha. Well I counted the sliders I am using already in a recent install of TS3 and I got to 91 in total. That is, counting the game and CC sliders. I have read that using S3PE I can modify your tuning mod to get a different number of sliders working, and I think I can manage to do that. Then I was in doubt and I am sorry to bother you with this question. The total number of sliders includes the game ones?
So, if, for example I want to add 50 more sliders I would need to modify the tuning file to at least 150 sliders maximum to include both game and CC ones? Or should I only count the extra CC sliders?
Thank you so very much for your mods!!

Yes, the number is the total of EA and custom sliders so you should go to 150 or more. That number simply reserves more 'space' for sliders to be loaded so the only downside is a little bit more memory used, probably insignificant unless you put a huge number in.

Inventor
THANKS POST
#1665 Old 24th Jun 2020 at 4:22 PM
Thank you very much for your fast response!!! Amazing!!! :D
Test Subject
#1666 Old 18th Aug 2020 at 4:36 AM
I have wanted something like this nude outfit category for years! I really wish it was a stand-alone mod, not treated as a spinoff of this one--I don't care for any of the other features, and don't have the modding skill to remove it. (I'll surely try though.)
I have been using nraas MC to edit the nude, but this category addition is what I've wanted.
Lab Assistant
#1667 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 12:46 AM Last edited by groovilicious : 31st Aug 2021 at 1:22 AM.
Default The Core file makes my game menu blank?
Hello. I have been using and have loved your mods for the game since the very beginning. So, thank you very much. :-)

I understand that I'm re-entering the party very late. Whenever I put either of the 'core' packages (full or basic) into my Overrides folder, my game menu becomes blank.
I did the whole putting-files-back-in-the-mods-folder-a-little-at-a-time until I narrowed the problem down to the 'core' package files. First I tried XCASfull1.69.43, then XCASbasics1.69.43. Then I tried an older version of the XCASfull that I had in one of my old game back-ups.
Every time I reintroduce the XCAScore file into my Mods, the menu goes blank. Could this be because I've installed my Sims 3 in a non-standard place on my new computer?

My game installation paths are: E:\AnyGameStarter3\Games\AnyGame 2\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
&
E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

I'm using AnygameStarter because the game wouldn't work at all installed in the usual place ( C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ) & because my C drive is a rather small solid state drive.

Any information you'd be willing to share with me will be greatly appreciated!

Edit to add: When I removed all the downloads except your mods from my C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides, including the cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package, my game did run properly. So it must have something to do with my alternative file path. As stated previously, I'm not trying to play the game installed on my C drive because it's too small.
Thanks again!
Screenshots
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1668 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 7:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by groovilicious
Hello. I have been using and have loved your mods for the game since the very beginning. So, thank you very much. :-)

I understand that I'm re-entering the party very late. Whenever I put either of the 'core' packages (full or basic) into my Overrides folder, my game menu becomes blank.
I did the whole putting-files-back-in-the-mods-folder-a-little-at-a-time until I narrowed the problem down to the 'core' package files. First I tried XCASfull1.69.43, then XCASbasics1.69.43. Then I tried an older version of the XCASfull that I had in one of my old game back-ups.
Every time I reintroduce the XCAScore file into my Mods, the menu goes blank. Could this be because I've installed my Sims 3 in a non-standard place on my new computer?

My game installation paths are: E:\AnyGameStarter3\Games\AnyGame 2\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods
&
E:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3

I'm using AnygameStarter because the game wouldn't work at all installed in the usual place ( C:\Users\MyName\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 ) & because my C drive is a rather small solid state drive.

Any information you'd be willing to share with me will be greatly appreciated!

Edit to add: When I removed all the downloads except your mods from my C:\Users\My Name\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Mods\Overrides, including the cmar_XCAS_corefull67.package, my game did run properly. So it must have something to do with my alternative file path. As stated previously, I'm not trying to play the game installed on my C drive because it's too small.
Thanks again!

I'm sorry but I don't know what would cause this, especially when your game is set up in a nonstandard way. I doubt the path is the problem but with you using Anygamestarter, which I'm not familiar with, I just don't know. Just in general, make sure you're using the right version of XCAS for your game - you mentioned both versions 69 and 67. And try it with only XCAS installed.

Lab Assistant
#1669 Old 31st Aug 2021 at 3:28 PM
Thanks so much for your quick & kind reply! I appreciate you!
Perhaps I'll do a clean install in C:/My Documents, I just have always played with so much CC in my game, I'm trying to preserve the space on my little solid state drive... Lol

Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I'm sorry but I don't know what would cause this, especially when your game is set up in a nonstandard way. I doubt the path is the problem but with you using Anygamestarter, which I'm not familiar with, I just don't know. Just in general, make sure you're using the right version of XCAS for your game - you mentioned both versions 69 and 67. And try it with only XCAS installed.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#1670 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:02 PM
Thanks for uploading file! I have a question, I have cmar_XCAS_TuningTattooAdult.package, but optional locations don't show up in game. What should I do?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1671 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 4:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CHboom!
Thanks for uploading file! I have a question, I have cmar_XCAS_TuningTattooAdult.package, but optional locations don't show up in game. What should I do?

Make sure you have the right version of the XCAS full package and that you're not using any other core mod. All cmar_XCAS_TuningTattooAdult.package does is enable the two adult tattoo locations, you need the core full package to have the added locations in the first place.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#1672 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 10:14 PM
Is it possible to layer makeup with this mod? I mean for example, having two blushes at the same time. If not, do you know how I can fix that? I really don't want to use nraas since it makes me lag.
Lab Assistant
#1673 Old 4th Mar 2022 at 6:56 PM
Since this just alters the things in-game shouldn't i put this in package folder?
Lab Assistant
#1674 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 3:54 PM Last edited by groovilicious : 26th Jun 2022 at 4:19 PM.
Default Broken link to the old versions?
Hioh! Back again! I just started playing again after an extended break. I found that my game has no version of XCASfull in it anywhere. I went to check my game version & I'm currently playing version 1.62. I tried the link for the old/obsolete versions of this mod & the link is broken. May I have a link to the 1.62 version of this mod please? I'll try again with the proper version & see if that borks my Anygame. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration!
Edit to add: Found the google link to the previous versions instead of the link I first tried (http://www.timelinefiction.net/S3XCAS/ ). Thank you!

Edit again: Do I not need the core mod if I'm using NRAAS Master Controller? Because there's no previous 1.62 version of this mod... If I need both NRAAS & this one, should I go with version XCAS Full 1.57 or XCAS Full 1.63?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1675 Old 26th Jun 2022 at 5:59 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 26th Jun 2022 at 6:28 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by groovilicious
Hioh! Back again! I just started playing again after an extended break. I found that my game has no version of XCASfull in it anywhere. I went to check my game version & I'm currently playing version 1.62. I tried the link for the old/obsolete versions of this mod & the link is broken. May I have a link to the 1.62 version of this mod please? I'll try again with the proper version & see if that borks my Anygame. Thank you in advance for your kind consideration!
Edit to add: Found the google link to the previous versions instead of the link I first tried (http://www.timelinefiction.net/S3XCAS/ ). Thank you!

Edit again: Do I not need the core mod if I'm using NRAAS Master Controller? Because there's no previous 1.62 version of this mod... If I need both NRAAS & this one, should I go with version XCAS Full 1.57 or XCAS Full 1.63?

Thanks, the link at the top of the description still works, but I have to update my obsolete versions page. The link lower down needs to be fixed.

NRAAS provides the same functions in its version of CAS you access with the NRAAS menus. As I recall, you need XCAS only if you want to use the native CAS. You should probably use the 1.57 version, it didn't need to be updated for every patch.

Page 67 of 68