Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Apr 2018 at 6:45 PM
Default WCIF Mod that rejects a searched job (or chance of rejectuon)
When a sim looks for a job all they have to do is search in the paper or on the PC and accept the first one they like and they are sure they have it.
In RL it doesn't go that way. You have to write a letter, wait for answer, call for an answer, call again a few days later, do some test and then you hear they gave the job to someone else.
Does anyone know where I could find a mod that when a sim applies for a job, there's at least a chance it get rejected?

I hope I explained it a bit well.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 10:45 AM
Any chance such mod exists?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 1:06 PM
I don't think so. Best way to handle that would be to roll a dice.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 7:55 PM
One reason you always get the job is because the sims lives go so fast I think. I think Jo made an helpful suggestion - roll a dice (most practically, a virtual one*) or two to determine if the sim gets rejected, then make the sims lose the job if they roll too high/too low/the magic 'you lose!' number of your choosing. Can the SimBlender fire sims? I never tried. You can of course also roll a dice before the sims tries to get a(nother) job, if you want to make it easier for yourself.
*Like Random.org or Hook's randomizer which you can find at the moreawesomethanyou forum.
Scholar
#5 Old 21st Jul 2018 at 8:11 PM
Perhaps lowering the performance to bottom red with a career hack like the one in Insiminator or Manipulator, on the first day of the work?

Wikia:
Job performance is included with other career information, and can impact whether a Sim is promoted or demoted, gets a pay raise, or is fired.

I'm not sure if promotion/demotion/fire/cards etc are all random but by making the career performance red as soon you "get" the job, should should simulate the success of being rejected. That way you won't need to randomizing it.