Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th May 2018 at 5:02 AM
Default Modding Community Does it Again - Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod
https://simsvip.com/2018/05/08/the-...o-installation/
If they keep working out the kinks, this could be really cool. Of course the only downsides are that you can only play with one person, you have to share a household, and you guys need to have all the same mods and CC, but still. Bravo.

In a perfect world, this could have been a possibility for TS3

The Receptacle still lives!
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 9th May 2018 at 5:48 AM
Haha, the mod is mostly a one-man operation. I'm the dude working on it! TurboDriver helped tidy it a few weeks back, though.

I'm excited for all the unexpected ways people are going to use this mod. I'm 100 percent sure that at least one person is going to get this mod just for using it with woohoo mods.

I've been working on this mod for a month now. If you have any questions, ask away!
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th May 2018 at 6:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
https://simsvip.com/2018/05/08/the-...o-installation/
If they keep working out the kinks, this could be really cool. Of course the only downsides are that you can only play with one person, you have to share a household, and you guys need to have all the same mods and CC, but still. Bravo.

In a perfect world, this could have been a possibility for TS3

It's not going to be simple to use though, right? I mean unless we just give our friends we want to play with our mods folder and maybe be on mic together? I absolutely HAVE to try this though!!!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:25 PM
I'm not really a fan of other People in my game so I couldn't care less for an multiplayer mod, today everything has multiplayer, well some games are focused on multiplayer and the singleplayer has to suffer because of that (isn't that why the sims 4 has those restrictions it has now? EA planned it to be an multiplayer game)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#5 Old 9th May 2018 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
I'm excited for all the unexpected ways people are going to use this mod.

What? You mean we don't have to "tell the stories you want us to tell" ? Doesn't the mod add giant man-eating toilets or anything?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th May 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I'm not going to dance on the heads of those that want a multiplayer game, but no thanks.

I'm not a fan of forcing multiplayer like SimCity did, but having the option is always nice (options I'm TS4? Blasphemy!)

Plus, I always had fun with the multiplayer option in the console games. I Still remember the good ole days of me and my cousin staying up every Saturday night playing the Sims and then trying to stay awake in Church the next morning

Scholar
#8 Old 9th May 2018 at 11:17 PM
I don't think I want to do this. My friend would find out that my sims are ... enhanced...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmythesim
Haha, the mod is mostly a one-man operation. I'm the dude working on it! TurboDriver helped tidy it a few weeks back, though.

I'm excited for all the unexpected ways people are going to use this mod. I'm 100 percent sure that at least one person is going to get this mod just for using it with woohoo mods.

I've been working on this mod for a month now. If you have any questions, ask away!

First of all, awesome, thank you for even trying to work on something like this. The modding community never ceases to amaze me. However, I have some reservations about locking it behind Discord. For one, Discord doesn't really seem to work for me in the browser. Every one of those 9 steps I click has a hyperlink to your Discord server, I think, but all they do is re-direct to my main Discord page or whatever. Literally doesn't matter which one I click, just sends me to the main discord login or whatever (and yes, that is even after logging in). And yeah I said or whatever twice because I really find this app to be a complete chore to use. It's not very user friendly, IMO. What would your suggestion be to get past this? I don't know why it auto-redirects to a useless default page, I thought maybe it's because I'm using Firefox and needed the Discord add-on or something, but I didn't find any. Can I manually find your server some other way? What if I use the actual application on the desktop instead of through the browser? Is there a direct link to the server I can input there?

Anyway, my dumb friends don't play the sims games so I'd have to not only talk one into trying this out with me but doing all of the work setting it up anyway, so it's not a big deal–I'll check out some videos and enjoy it vicariously through them or something. Either way, I'm still impressed as hell. Well done.

Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79
I don't think I want to do this. My friend would find out that my sims are ... enhanced...

Heh, always a touchy subject with games like these but I'd be willing to bet more people use these "enhancements" than are willing to admit, and besides I think you'd both have to have the same mod folder for it to sync and work properly, anyway.

smash that disagree button fam, red's my favorite color
Scholar
#10 Old 10th May 2018 at 4:53 AM
I don't use wicked whims but my sims don't look like barbie and ken if ya know what I mean
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th May 2018 at 5:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by spidergirl79

I'd be disappointed in my friends if they didn't expect that from me