Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 7:53 AM Last edited by lidiqnata : 2nd Nov 2015 at 8:29 AM.
Default Monthly Themes - October
Another monthly theme has passed and it's time to announce the new one - "College Living"

October Theme - College Living
With the start of universities and colleges around the world, it's time to start thinking what our Young Adults need for living on their own! I hear dorms, part-time careers, cheap furniture and clothes and why not some party community centers? And one last thing...don't let them starve

The Rules
  • The usual Creator Guidelines apply to all uploads.
  • Anything goes, as long as it's somewhat related to the theme - see inspirations above
  • Only uploads that are uploaded before the end of October will receive an achievement sticker (this includes 31st) - anything uploaded after that date will not compete. We will look at the date it has been uploaded to the queue, don't worry about waiting times for moderating.
  • Tag your upload with this tag:themeuni. This way it is much easier to keep track of uploads and we know that you are participating in the monthly theme.

If you have a question about something that is not included in the description above - feel free to ask! If you have other ideas on content that would be in the spirit of this theme, don’t hesitate let us know All currently in the queue,will be added once approved,so don't forget to stop by if we somehow miss you!

September Theme - All things Retail

Sims 2

MichelleSellafone Gadget Kiosks Recolours
JustpetroBare Necessities - A Shop for Students
olcChaos! Haunted Mystery Museum!
olcChaos! Haunted Mystery Club!
JustpetroClementine's Art
olcChaos! "Hans"
fakepeeps7When Life Gives You Lemons...
lidiqnata*Shop Mini*
CatherineTCJDPark Flats: a duplex apartment under a park. A flat flat; if you will.
CatherineTCJDBelladonna Cove's Archimedes Arcade ~ Refurbished and under new management
MichelleDecra-Chill Display by Refrigifreezer Recolours
MichelleLlamark Electronic Cash Register Recolours
lidiqnata*Flower Shop Mini*
MichellePhoto Booth Recolours
MichellePublic Phone & Community Trash Can Recolours
MichelleHugeLunatic's Default Community Phone Recolours
MichelleVending Machine Recololurs
MichelleColour Matching Vending Machines
MichelleMagazine & Game Rack Recolours
JustpetroFiona's Flower Shop
SuperoA mini Flora
joandsarah77Greenway's Groceries
MichelleChanging Booth Recolours
MichelleLemonade Stand Recolours
ZarathustraKingsman Tailors - Home Business - NO CC
MichelleOFB Shelves - Storybook Recolours
MichelleOFB Shelf Recolours
PSDuckiePoke Mart
olcChaos! Marszalkowska 719
olcChaos! Apartments with PRIVATE ELEVATOR´S each unit!!!
lientebollemeisNew career: Retail Fashion (based on Friends: Rachel Green) (PTO + CC)
celebkiriedhelRetail Signs and Posters for Retro Retail
TomoeKimH&M Shoppers
MichelleMore Lemonade Stand Recolours
olcChaos! CountrySide Victorian Mansion!
MichelleOFB - Terribly Modern Counter Recolours
gummiluttInge's Automatic Cash Register made recolorable
gummiluttInge's Automatic Cash Register in LACK colors
LivStyle It! Makeover/Beauty Salon
oliverstrahleFenwick Department Store (Newcastle)
MichelleChiclettina Counter Recolours
MichelleCounter Revolution Commercial Counter Recolours
MichelleElectrono-Ticket Machine Recolours
MichellePodium of Bonnappitizon Recolours
MichelleGastronomique Restaurant Podium Recolours
MichelleRackmaster 850 Bowling Ball Rack Recolours
MichelleNL - Bowling Alley Recolours
MichelleClub Room Counter Top Recolours
Gecko_sis7 Bright Recolours Of The Old OFB Cash Box
M.M.A.A.Downtown as a Vacation Destination (For the monthly theme of September - All things retail!)
KarenLorrainePitt Street Shops
CatherineTCJDThe Vandersim Estate ~ Home Business: Wedding and Party Venue
olcChaos! Victorian Gothic Single Apartment!
Hood Building GroupBitville (aka Vincent's Story): Neighborhood Recreation - No CC - Base Game Compatible
N_Fluen$eThe Diamond Mall

Sims 3
tsyokaweAgatha's Apothecary
attunedThe Manwitch Shoppe
CrazySheep808Music Mecca

Sims 4
SimmillerComputerized Cash Register - Unlocked/Recoloured and Modified
DeontaiSigns for 'That' Swedish Furniture Store
RayanStarCresta's Bar & Cafe

Those who haven't receive a sticker yet(not in the queue) - post here. If we made a mistake of some sort - comment here,so we can edit it. Happy simming!
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 9:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
start thinking what our Young Adults need for living on their own! I hear dorms, part-time careers, cheap furniture and clothes and why not some party community centers?

I didn't hear the things you did...I just heard MONEY!!!!!! Going to have to think about this theme, I've already recoloured most of the uni furniture and made add-on pieces.

Love the way you separated the games above, thanks. :lovestruc

Whenever you see a "Say Thanks" button show the creator you appreciate their work...click on it.
You can also find more of my work at Leefish and Plumb Bob Keep
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 10:12 AM
Awesome
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 12:49 PM
Thanks Michelle,no matter how many times i check it - it's never enough!
This theme is quite specific and may have to think deeper
Mad Poster
#5 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 3:41 PM
Sticker?

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 5:48 PM
I hope the sticker isn't the only thing motivating you "Zarathustra" It'll be posted when ready
Mad Poster
#7 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 5:54 PM
What, you mean I should just upload things out of the goodness of my heart? Nah, I'm too selfish for that!

Forum Resident
#8 Old 1st Oct 2015 at 8:16 PM
Ooh, goodie! This theme is right up my alley. I already have ideas, too!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 2nd Oct 2015 at 11:18 AM Last edited by Jawusa : 2nd Oct 2015 at 6:13 PM.
What happened to our neighborhood that we have uploaded for the previous monthly theme of September? It's been about 10 days since I had sent it to the queue and I just wanted to ask whether it got rejected or not?

As for the current monthly theme, I have uploaded something and it's in the queue now.

ETA: Nevermind. It's approved now. Will we get a sticker for this, despite it got approved on 2nd October?
It has been sent to the queue on 23rd September.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Mad Poster
#10 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 3:24 AM
marka93 and other members of the Hood Building Group have not received there sticker and the hood is not listed above. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=564424

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 9:03 AM
Thank you for this note,as you can see - you've been listed and given stickers now. Happy simming!
As for those interested - the new sticker is updated now
Instructor
#12 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 3:19 AM
This is cool. Since I make custom foods, I would like to make foods that are notorious on college campuses. As for tagging. Do you mean placing "TheMeUni" in the search tag when in the process of placing an upload?
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#13 Old 8th Oct 2015 at 5:21 AM
@AriesFlare
Yes, themeuni as a tag. The general rule for anything like this is that there will be a certain tag that you need to use and that tag will always be mentioned. If you don't use the tag your entry won't be counted. Something to keep in mind (and this is for everyone): if you ever forget to use a tag and the contest/theme/whatever is over and done with? You can't go back and edit your thread to add the tag. So always be sure to use if before you upload. If you forget and your upload is still in the queue? I'm sure it would be alright to ask a mod to edit it in for you OR send it back to you so you can do it yourself.still
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 12:54 AM
Hi- I uploaded this lot on Sept. 30 and it was approved on Oct. 4. I think it qualifies for Sept.'s sticker. Thanks!

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2015 at 12:49 PM
Those who were approved just now - you've been added and stickers have been given to you as well Thank you for participating!
Test Subject
#16 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 9:10 PM Last edited by Hetha1369 : 13th Oct 2015 at 9:56 PM.
Would anyone be interested in having Admissions, Administration, Student Services, Financial Aid, or Pursor's Office? Perhaps a Student bookstore, a Science Building, or an Arts Building? I have been thinking of rebuilding/refurbishing some old lots, that I built a while back, but starting from scratch and minus all the CC, using the AnyGame starter. This was something that came to mind when I saw this theme. I don't want to take on a too large a project or make unkept promises, but I do want to try something. Just thinking of some ideas, that may/may not fit the theme. I was feeling a bit "municipal" one day; I built a police station, a fire station, tax office, DOT, postal service, a courthouse, chamber of commerce, board of realtors, bail bonds, a newspaper office, but I wasn't sure anyone would have use for them; although I seem to have made them quite useful. Would any of the aforementioned community lots be something people would consider trying out in their own games?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 10:15 PM
@Hetha1369 , speaking as a lot builder who's made quite a few buildings that don't fit into the normal house/apartment/store choices that show up most often, I can say that people seem to love having more variety in the lots available to download! I've actually been working on a few similar buildings (not sure I'll have them finished to my satisfaction before the end of the month though), so I would say absolutely go for it!

Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Oct 2015 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
@Hetha1369 , speaking as a lot builder who's made quite a few buildings that don't fit into the normal house/apartment/store choices that show up most often, I can say that people seem to love having more variety in the lots available to download! I've actually been working on a few similar buildings (not sure I'll have them finished to my satisfaction before the end of the month though), so I would say absolutely go for it!

Thank you so very much Zarathrustra for the encouragement. I've started on Student Services, with the associated facilities,(Admissions and Financial Aid so far,) as we speak.
I added an area for photo ID's. I like the Stadiums you've uploaded, those were awesome work!

Okay, browsing your page makes me want to go find and buy the rest of the EP's I miss having. lol
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 7:46 PM
Hello!
I'm planning to do a "beer pong" table.
I know you can find one on TSR website, but it's not playable.
I want a playable table but I can't find one. Do you know if it exists ?
In TS3 there is a "juice pong table" but I didn't find any conversion for TS2.
So I may create my own, but it won't be a TS3 conversion, as I don't own TS3.
I plan to use animations from the dartboard, I made a few tests and it works pretty well.
What do you think ?
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 8:28 PM
TS2 has something similar in University i think. Hopefully we'll see it in queue soon
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 16th Oct 2015 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lidiqnata
TS2 has something similar in University i think. Hopefully we'll see it in queue soon

Sadly there is no beer pong in TS2 University.
I've been playing this EP for years and now I want to add some new funny stuff in my dorms or frat houses.
Something similar to the "juice pong" table available in TS3 University Life.
Scholar
#22 Old 31st Oct 2015 at 8:44 PM
I made matching set type stuff and seem to have lost it somewhere (or accidentally deleted it) before going to take pics of it all.
I might get it all done over again before the deadline tonight, you never know.
I'm so mad at myself.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 4:35 AM
I made "Music Mecca" and tagged it, but it was approved after the list was made and is still not here! Can it be added please?

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.
The Pathfinder
retired moderator
Original Poster
#24 Old 2nd Nov 2015 at 8:31 AM
@CrazySheep808 Added you! Some days after the month ends we stop looking for approved uploads,so if someone was approved late we expect a word from them
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 6th Nov 2015 at 9:43 AM
Fair enough - Thank you :-)

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.