Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:21 AM
Default NPC in relationship panel doesn't own a phone.
There's a Sim in my Sim's relationship panel, an NPC or townie (unplayable) that doesn't own a phone. So, is there any way to contact this Sim? There's 3 lightning bolts. Brandy needs a hubby and time is running out! Thanks.

Brandy did own a business for a while and may have met him there, but she never interacted with any customers (fun lot, pay and play). Grateful for any help.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 8:21 AM Last edited by Rosawyn : 21st Jan 2018 at 7:47 PM.
I use SW-FreeTime-NPC-Phonebook-Fix which you can find here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15676/
What it does is give a free "phone" to all npcs, so your sim can call them. Another way to contact him would be using a teleporter of your choice to summon him to the lot.
Not actually evil.
#3 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 3:49 PM Last edited by CatOfEvilGenius : 21st Jan 2018 at 8:00 PM.
The free phone book is nice. Another possibility is to buy a pricey cell phone and give it to the townie as a gift. Then they should be callable. Fun option for rich sims, not so much for Brandi. That may not work, nevermind.

@Rosawyn - Does that phonebook mod work with UC? I want it if it does! Once my UC stops crashing...

Please spay or neuter your pets. --- Cat Music Video! --- my meshes
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
The free phone book is nice. Another possibility is to buy a pricey cell phone and give it to the townie as a gift. Then they should be callable. Fun option for rich sims, not so much for Brandi.

@Rosawyn - Does that phonebook mod work with UC? I want it if it does! Once my UC stops crashing...

I do hope that your game stops crashing @CatOfEvilGenius.

Anyway I wanted to mention BoilingOil and his BO - Phones for all.package, his Mod gives phones to pretty much everyone.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatOfEvilGenius
The free phone book is nice. Another possibility is to buy a pricey cell phone and give it to the townie as a gift. Then they should be callable. Fun option for rich sims, not so much for Brandi.

I'm pretty sure I actually tried buying a cellphone and giving it to the uncallable NPC and it did not work! Which is why I ended up with the mod in my game. I don't have the UC, but I think it should work? I have all EPs up to AL except OFB and all SPs up to M&G except for IKEA and H&M. Anyway, someone who does have the UC can say for sure.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 11:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I use SW-FreeTime-NPC-Phonebook-Fix which you can find here: http://simfileshare.net/folder/15676/
What it does is give a free "phone" to all npcs, so your sim can call them. Another way to contact him would be using a teleporter of your choice to summon him to the lot.

According to the readme, what this does is fix a buggy filter that was introduced in Freetime. The filter was supposed to block the phonebook dialog from showing "uncallable" NPCs (the ones you're not supposed to talk to, move in, etc.). Due to a bug, the filter ended up blocking NPCs like the maid, gardener, etc., that are perfectly okay to talk to.

I don't have the UC, but I do have all of the disks except the Happy Holidays thing, and all the Maxis patches installed, and this fix works fine in my game. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work in the UC.

I believe the fix is still needed even if you do have a patched game like the UC. I bought, installed and patched BV, FT and AL all on the same day. When I started playing after that, I was baffled as to why the maids and gardeners had disappeared from the phone book.
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM
Default Resolved
Thanks all.

I used "The Selector" via "The Sim Blender" to pop him in to another family. Moved him in then had him find a place of his own. But, I'll try those mods. Thanks.