Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 7:36 AM
Blender and S4S: Diffuse map won't show up on mesh?
alright, so I've been working on a project that's a set, and I've been doing the exact same thing for each item in the set. to make things simple (i.e., not wanting to deal with a hat cut), I cloned a base game earring and changed it to hat so that my "hats" would be in the right category. I create the mesh, import it, then import the diffuse map, specular, and normals... success already on three different items, but suddenly the fourth one does not want to cooperate, and I don't know why. here's what it looks like in Blender (what it's SUPPOSED to look like):

here's what it looks like in Sims4Studio and in-game:

I don't understand because all of the UVs are set in their proper places, and yet the mesh acts like I ignored the UVs completely. there should be no reason for this to be happening if I did the EXACT same thing as I did for the successful items. this is UNBELIEVABLY frustrating, so I'm hoping someone can make heads or tails of this and help me out. here's the package:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgR_6mgbWDwrKOQZT

here's the blend:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Alg_w_piyWUqgSCAx3scdGVERyZQ
Advertisement
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#2 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 3:25 PM
I see in Blender in the UVs there's a 'UVMap' and that's what appears to be getting imported into S4S as UV0.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I see in Blender in the UVs there's a 'UVMap' and that's what appears to be getting imported into S4S as UV0.

it's supposed to be uv_0, that's how they all are. I thought I removed UVMap, I'm gonna go check to see if that's the issue.

oh my god, that worked. so much frustration all because I forgot a step. >_< thank you very much for your help