Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:30 AM
Default My First Pet Stuff and why its existence insults me on every concievable level.
1. It should have been in Cat and Dogs, which in turn SHOULD have been Pets.
2. Four palette swaps on a poorly rendered clay sponge.
3. The poorly rendered rocket shit in the trailer.
4. Seriously, Katy Perry Sweet Treats had a better poly count.
5. Mini-pets in Sims 3 were also basically objects but at least you could take them out of their cages.
6. Remember how it seemed like Cats and Dogs didn't have much in the way of beds and stuff for your pets?...I wonder where they went? Could it be into the pack that came out of nowhere piggy-backing on Cats and Dogs release?
7. I haven't seen anything so ugly or lazy since Toddler stuff.
8. Hamsters, Hedgehogs and Rats/Mice act nothing alike so why are they one object?
9. Cats and Dogs was already more expensive than most packs, just ask for 60 dollars and give us a proper expansion like in every other iteration of the franchise you morons.
10. Oh great another "gameplay" object that will stop working after a couple of weeks and never ever get fixed.
11. Every idiot who comes out of the wood work saying this is our divine punishment and praise unto the holy Sims team and their EA masters. It's like a cult and it's frankly creepy.
12. They didn't even try.
13. EA hasn't learned from the backlash it's been recieving from other franchise fans and is prancing over to us like a rebound girlfriend.
14. $15.00 AUD for something that took no thought or effort.
15. They aren't getting better they are getting worse. I knew they would but the fact they aren't even trying to hide it offends me. If you are doing something shadey at least have the shame necessary to obfuscate.

Feel free to add to the list.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:55 AM
Are you running for president?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 4:55 PM
Instructor
#4 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:04 PM
Here's something you can add to the list.

16. They're not forcing you to buy the pack.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Manderz0630
I hope you know they're not forcing you to buy the pack.

That's no excuse to bamboozle those who for some reason will buy the pack.
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:07 PM
then why would he/she's buy the pack if it offends them that much? It's makes no sense.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:10 PM
If he/she's not going to buy the pack then why would it offend them that much? It's makes no sense.

Well, regardless of where s/he spends her money, she apart of the fanbase that EA is marketing the product to.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:16 PM

Here we go again. The "don't like it, don't buy it" is getting old.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 5:43 PM Last edited by SneakyWingPhoenix : 10th Mar 2018 at 6:06 PM.

Nobody is forcing to read this thread either. Case closed, argument won! Flawless method of "contributing" to the debate/discussion.

P.S. Where did you make up an assumption the OP is planning to purchase or had pre-order the pack? You're making a clear outcry that you wanna start a pointless fight or a diversion away from the main subject/topic.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 7:37 PM
You know what would have been a smarter choice....Since the Disaster of SimCity 2013...they should have taken the hint... Delayed the release of TS4 and went back and fixed the fucking thing or started over instead of charging $60 to $80 dollars for a half ass empty base game that was never going to get better. Here's are new Sims game...we know it's a life simulator but we feel it's best you don't have all the life stages in it. Oh yeah...the teenagers look like adults but you'll get used to it. Sorry builders...we just don't give a shit about you... Here's a half wall and a new roof... enjoy!!!

I would have had far more respect for them delaying the release of the game, have a small group of dedicated people work on TS3 to fix all the fucking routing issues and bugs that were never addressed, while we waited for TS4. Not to mention....the justification of the price they were charging had they just released a fully fleshed out base game. That premium edition of TS4 looked and played like a damn Demo!!!! that's right, I thought those bastards sent me a Demo of the game.

In addition to the monumental mistake of moving forward with the release of a half assed base game.... the communication between the development team and the Fans (simmers) ceased to exists. And God forbid if you had any kind of criticism of the game, or you ass is Banned from the forum for speaking the truth.

With the somewhat exception of the Toddler Free patch... every EP, GP, and SP has been just a waste of recolors and recycled shit over and over. Everything has been basically an insult to the existing Sims community in regards to TS4. I am truly amazed at how long it has taken for the sims community to finally see what EA/Maxis has been doing for the past 3+ years with loot boxing and recycling of content....And still baffles me at those who will defend it to the end.

So yeah, I agree with the OP on this one... but it's not just this Stuff pack that is insulting... it's the entire game. I didn't get very far with the game. I stopped buying their crap a long time ago. I wish everyone had noticed it when I did. Those who were smart enough not to buy it at all were right from the very beginning. They stayed with TS2 and TS3 and watch the drama unfold. I would hope this is it... that this is the last shitty thing they will produce for this game...but I'm pretty sure they have a few more half assed gems to pass along before they shelve the game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:22 AM

Dishonest of you, to pretend that was ever the problem.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:32 AM
The release of TS4 with no Open World and Create-A-Style was already an insult to me, reminded of it everytime I open the game, but I'm weak, sorry...
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrumpySuzy
The release of TS4 with no Open World and Create-A-Style was already an insult to me, reminded of it everytime I open the game, but I'm weak, sorry...

Just take what you want without paying for it. After all they expect money without doing any work. Do unto others as they would do unto you. (Again not telling him/her how just suggesting that s/he should, and for all you know I could be joking. )
Theorist
#14 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
[ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪᴏɴᴀʙʟᴇ sʜɪᴛ]

Might wanna delete that before someone sees it because even saying that is still against the rules and worth 5/10 warning points.
Instructor
Original Poster
#15 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ShigemiNotoge
Might wanna delete that before someone sees it because even that is still against the rules and worth 5/10 warning points.

Is it? A shame but I shall keep it there then. I dislike going back on my word in front of my enemies. It would be bad for the morale of the thread to delete the sentiment. I'd rather take my licks than back down in front of Mr "No ones forcing you to buy it" fallacy. His existence is part of the reason why EA keeps getting away with this laziness in the first place. The other reason is that they are EA and the other other reason is they are literally the only game in town.
Instructor
#16 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by DesereiPandemoni
His existence is part of the reason why EA keeps getting away with this laziness in the first place..

Lol. Yeah I sent them a message telling them to make a stuff pack to "piss off" a certain simmer in the community so they'll post angry complaints on a sims modding website's forums. Also ShigemiNotoge is right you might want to delete that comment before someone report it to the site's admins. They will delete that comment for you and what ShigemiNotoge said about the warning points. I can't wait to see the angry forum thread about that.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:16 AM Last edited by ticklish : 11th Mar 2018 at 8:21 AM. Reason: new info
yes pirates not tolerated on this site an get you banned for posting it. pirated game pack won't work with origin anyway.
Theorist
#18 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:00 AM
Lol. Yeah I sent them a message telling them to make a stuff pack to "piss off" a certain simmer in the community so they'll post angry complaints on a sims modding website's forums.

No, but people like you defending the behaviour and continuing to financially support their decisions encourages them to not only continue but see how much further they can push what they are currently doing.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ticklish
yes pirates not tolerated on this site an get you banned for posting it. pirated game pack won't work with origin anyway.

Already knew they weren't tolerated, just assumed you had to do something actually provably incriminating in order to get banned. It's also pretty easy to disconnect from Origin. I've done it before just to test if I could. I've also disconnected my Steam Sims 3 files from Steam in order to install Create a World. Basically the only actual obstacle would be my conscience and I'm so fed up with EA that I'm not entirely sure they deserve to be protected by it anymore.
Instructor
Original Poster
#20 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 10:10 AM
Lol. Yeah I sent them a message telling them to make a stuff pack to "piss off" a certain simmer in the community so they'll post angry complaints on a sims modding website's forums. Also ShigemiNotoge is right you might want to delete that comment before someone report it to the site's admins. They will delete that comment for you and what ShigemiNotoge said about the warning points. I can't wait to see the angry forum thread about that.

You have no capacity for empathy or logic do you? I'm just some angry stereotype to you.

Never in all my time here, have I made an angry thread complaining about a mods decision concerning my actions. Yet you presume I will do so. You already have no credibility in my eyes, because of your inability to understand the reason any of this is a problem, you seem hellbent on adding delusional to your list of publically known character flaws.
dodgy builder
#21 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:00 PM
They took the hamster out of the cage in the livestream.
Theorist
#22 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 1:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
They took the hamster out of the cage in the livestream.

You mean the way you can take a baby out of the bassinet?
Field Researcher
#23 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 2:04 PM

Actually, they are.
Instructor
#24 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 4:41 PM
How are they forcing people to pack a stuff pack? One of the gurus said in the livestream "You don't have to buy the pack"
Field Researcher
#25 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 5:00 PM
How are they forcing people to pack a stuff pack? One of the gurus said in the livestream "You don't have to buy the pack"

Really? He said that? that's interesting. Because it indicates he knows darn well people who love the game will feel forced to do so. It's like me buying a world I didn't specifically want because I wanted a playpen and a changing table for my toddlers in the game. Just checked, you can buy those things seperately now, but not back then. You were forced to buy the expensive world with it. (yeah, that's right, they did it before)

They knew we wanted that stuff, like they know now people want other pets than just cats and dogs. If they do, they will be forced to buy the pack. Otherwise they won't have those things. "You don't have to buy the pack" is impudence placed upon impudence.
Locked thread | Locked by: HugeLunatic Reason: don't like it don't buy it :P
Page 1 of 2