1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11326 Old Today at 5:52 AM
If you save while a Sim is doing homework and then install a hack that does a reset, it causes the homework to disappear.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11327 Old Today at 6:42 AM
oh no

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#11328 Old Today at 7:13 AM
If you leave lot without saving just after an alien baby has born, the baby will get normal eyes next time (And it was girl every time)
Mad Poster
#11329 Old Today at 7:16 AM
No. It's just RNG whether you get normal eyes or not.

Mad Poster
#11330 Old Today at 3:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ruusupapu
If you leave lot without saving just after an alien baby has born, the baby will get normal eyes next time (And it was girl every time)

My game has seen alien babies of either gender and with either blue or brown eyes (usually - I think those have the same genetic dominance as alien eyes) after a reload, or when having multiples, or anything like that - it's just random chance.

---

I've noticed if it's a single alien baby they tend to get the alien eyes more frequently, but if there are multiples and they have the dominant eye genetics (blye/brown), some always end up with normal eyes, as if the game "knows" it's supposed to give the alien eyes to #1 but not the rest. There's also a possibility there have been some recessive eyes in the mix when the babies got alien eyes. Honestly can't remember. Also a little bit unsure which eyes the alien babies get if the other parent has custom eyes (non-genetic), since those are dominant over the default ones (been a long time since I experimented with this).

(My game seems to poke the randomness a bit with genders, where it seems to pick whichever gender will make a rough 50/50 on the lot, or pick the gender with the lowst rate in the current family - but even this isn't a foolproof way to get what I want, and is probably also random chance, just with a strange bias toward 50/50. If you do enough coin flips or anything else with a 50/50 chance, it tends to even out toward roughly 50/50 if you do it enough times, so over the years I've probably just seen that effect in my game. I've also had run-ins with getting 7 boys before getting a girl in a family, which shows it's still random chance).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11331 Old Today at 3:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
No. It's just RNG whether you get normal eyes or not.

...Unless you have an unmodded game, haven't rolled the pacifier or done anything to cause the particlar random generator to run. In which case, you could possible get a sequence of events that is repeatable on reboot. Sad-o-randomness maybe!
Mad Poster
#11332 Old Today at 3:36 PM
^ That, too.

But if you leave the lot without saving (not quit w/o saving and reload the game), then try again - isn't that technically similar to rolling the pacifier?

Also depends which sim you're using - a few of the OG sims who are already pregnant or are scripted (Brandi, Samantha, possibly a couple more) have scripted and/or borked pregnancies that result in the same gender every time. I can't remember if the same is true for the Curious brothers and the alien births (I just have a feeling I've gotten different results with them a few times - both alien boys and girls).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11333 Old Today at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
But if you leave the lot without saving (not quit w/o saving and reload the game), then try again - isn't that technically similar to rolling the pacifier?

Not if it's only rolled once- for example, if I cause two sims on a lot to have an instant baby, then another, I always get the same faces for the first and second child. Same if I exit without saving and re-enter for the second. This is because the generators that control the face geneics are not correctly seeded. Mootilda found that the gender one was seeded correctly though, so always having a female on second roll is probably a coincidence. When my daughter and I were doing experiments on this many years ago, we were both using the same two sims, and the same gameversion, and got identical results. The only time it changed was if we did something else to scramble a randomizer (for example, if a random townie or NPC was generated whilst we were testing).
Conversation starts here, with mootilda's input.
https://modthesims.info/showthread....347#post3896347
So if one were to have an alien pregnancy and save during labour, it would be possible to see a predictable pattern if exiting without saving and replaying.
Page 454 of 454