Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 8:53 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Flashing blue terrain
I dowloaded this house from Nano_Nona. It is a wonderful house but the terrain is blue. So Nano_Nona was kind enough to build another one very similar without any terrain alteration. But the terrain is blue still when not in build mode but when you press F5. When in build mode you can see the terrain is black. Nano_nona has tried very hard to fix the problem. I asked if I could psot the problem here and see if anyone could fix the problem and tell us what it is.
All the pics are here. Any info will be appreciated.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthre...=1&page=1&pp=25
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 9:25 AM
Obviiosuly the house you downloaded had custom terrian paint, which wasn't included in the upload, its no big deal, just select the terrian paint tool and hold down CTRL and delete all the blue flashing parts, or you can just replace the invisible terrian paint with other terrian paint.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Sep 2006 at 11:22 AM
I did what you said but it made no difference. Nano_Nona uploaded a house with terrain paint but it still flashed blue. The only difference is I have OFB.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 20th Sep 2006 at 5:03 PM
This is usually caused by the creators removing terrain paints from their computer before packaging the lot. Every terrain paint that they click on whilst building the house will be needed in the Sims2Pack, as well as the first terrain paint in the catalog. If they remove these from the package, or from their computer before packaging, then the terrain will flash in games which do not have the missing terrain paints. The only solution seems to be to scrap the lot and build another.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 10:05 AM
I may do that simsample.. What you said makes sense. Thanks for the info!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 4:48 PM
No problem, hope you get your lot working!
Test Subject
#7 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 6:59 PM
Can I just make it clear to all that, I never removed any terrain paint from the sims2pak, nor from my computer, because to do that would of course cause the lot to turn blue.

Every terrain paint that was used in the lot was included with it, and I never remove paints from my computer.....Just so you know.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:13 PM
Since you havent removed any terrains, load the lot and apply somewhere not visible ( foundations for example) a click for every single one terrain you have in your catalog.It will 99.9% work then.To test yourself, do that,package your lot again,exit game ,move temporarily your download folder to desktop, install your newly packaged lot , load game and see if it flashes now.There is an old thread which should become STICKY btw cause every new builder comes confront with this problem at least once including me lol

I will go search for it, if i find it i will post it here so you can read all this useful information about terrains.

Ok here it is
http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=142042

i really wish someone would make this STICKY it includes many useful information.

You will find my older and newest creations here
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#9 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
Thank you Corvi, I couldn't find that thread. So once you post the link to it, we'll make sure it gets stickified. :D

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by julianarosalia
Thank you Corvi, I couldn't find that thread. So once you post the link to it, we'll make sure it gets stickified. :D

found it :-P

retired moderator
#11 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by corvidophile2
found it :-P

Corvi, I'm not a mind reader Link please.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 9:24 PM
Sorry the link is in my edited post before that, i edited while you were posting i guess.lol

retired moderator
#13 Old 21st Sep 2006 at 10:36 PM
My bad for not checking your previous posts. Thanks Corvi. :D

Test Subject
#14 Old 22nd Sep 2006 at 3:35 AM
Thanks guys...I'll have a read through and do what you said
Test Subject
#15 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 4:03 AM
You can use the Lot Adjuster to remove unused terrain paints! This has worked numerous times with others, so please give it a try!

Download it here: http://modthesims.info/d/384656
Mad Poster
#16 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 9:28 AM
This is 12 years old. Noone is still going to be looking for it.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 11:10 AM
@Maerwynn while it's nice that you are trying to help, as was said above this thread is 12 years old! I am sure the OP figured out a solution by now. When a thread has a little warning sticker saying how long it's been since it was posted to, please check that out first. Closing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Locked thread | Locked by: joandsarah77 Reason: resurrected from a 12 year nap!