Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Oct 2018 at 11:46 PM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 20th Oct 2018 at 12:51 AM.
Default How do I put the flower next to the lamp and get 2 paintings on top of each other? I'm trying to make a bedroom.
I'm trying to get it to look similar to the one shown in this picture.

Here's what it looks like in game.

Advertisement
Scholar
Original Poster
#2 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:13 AM
Oh I forgot to mention that the purple shelf is a OMSP item that i'm trying to use to place the flower next to the lamp and to stack a painting on top of one another but I don't know how to work them.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:16 AM
OK for the flower - I see you are using OMSPs. You will need to put the flower on one of those and use the [ or ] key to move it to the right height. Then to move it to look as though it is on the endtable, you'll need to use 2 cheats: moveobjects on and boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false - you may want to turn them both off (especially snapobjects) once you're done. You then use the recolour swatch tool to recolour the OMSP to invisible.

moveobjects lets you put items in the same squares as other objects and snapobjects lets you move the objects freely to any position - be warned with that one that it can make things unusable if they're a functional object (not always). However, this is a decorative object so that's probably not important.

With the purple OMSPs, there are three which are at slightly different heights. This is to accommodate the different heights of surfaces in the game. You need to experiment with each one - I tend to use the small ones for decorative objects like this - to find the right one that will match the height of the surface you are using precisely. All three heights (there are three of each size, each a slightly different purple) do work for practically all surfaces in the game.

For the pictures, you need moveobjects on again to place the pictures on the same square. You don't need an OMSP for this. Then use the [ or ] keys to move one or more of the pictures up and down the walls (grab a picture, press ] (or [ depending which way you want to move it - up or down)).

If you need pictures, ask - I can make some for you.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
OK for the flower - I see you are using OMSPs. You will need to put the flower on one of those and use the [ or ] key to move it to the right height. Then to move it to look as though it is on the endtable, you'll need to use 2 cheats: moveobjects on and boolProp snapObjectsToGrid false - you may want to turn them both off (especially snapobjects) once you're done. You then use the recolour swatch tool to recolour the OMSP to invisible.

moveobjects lets you put items in the same squares as other objects and snapobjects lets you move the objects freely to any position - be warned with that one that it can make things unusable if they're a functional object (not always). However, this is a decorative object so that's probably not important.

With the purple OMSPs, there are three which are at slightly different heights. This is to accommodate the different heights of surfaces in the game. You need to experiment with each one - I tend to use the small ones for decorative objects like this - to find the right one that will match the height of the surface you are using precisely. All three heights (there are three of each size, each a slightly different purple) do work for practically all surfaces in the game.

For the pictures, you need moveobjects on again to place the pictures on the same square. You don't need an OMSP for this. Then use the [ or ] keys to move one or more of the pictures up and down the walls (grab a picture, press ] (or [ depending which way you want to move it - up or down)).

If you need pictures, ask - I can make some for you.

@maxon You're a lifesaver Maxon. Some new pictures would be lovely and much appreciated but you don't have to make them if you really don't want to.

I had managed to make this little beauty all thanks to your help.

Mad Poster
#5 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 12:57 AM
If you hve AL and M&G, you can also enable the Quartertile cheat. This allows you more placement fpr pictures that snap to the wall instead of having to use Snapobjects, and also allows for grid-based placing with more options on floors. It's very useful for anything you want to snap to the wall, paired with Moveobjects and shift up/down. It doesn't work on all objects, but if you make or edit objects, you can set the "Sale price" in the RAW tab in the OBJD resource to "35" (Decimal) or "0x0023" (Hex). Weird, but it's what makes the cheat work.

setQuarterTilePlacement on (off to turn off)
(after putting this in the cheat window you need to activate by pressing Ctrl+F)
(I've added it as an alias in my UserStartup, using qon/qof. I don't use the cheat much, but for those difficult to do picture collages on walls it's great).

After activating with Ctrl+F, you basically use it by moving the object around. It'll snap to the allowed places. Getting wall placement right can be a little tricky, but the pictures do place better than Snapobjects allow for. There's possibly a button for toggling the placement (M?) but I'm not sure.
Scholar
Original Poster
#6 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you hve AL and M&G, you can also enable the Quartertile cheat. This allows you more placement fpr pictures that snap to the wall instead of having to use Snapobjects, and also allows for grid-based placing with more options on floors. It's very useful for anything you want to snap to the wall, paired with Moveobjects and shift up/down. It doesn't work on all objects, but if you make or edit objects, you can set the "Sale price" in the RAW tab in the OBJD resource to "35" (Decimal) or "0x0023" (Hex). Weird, but it's what makes the cheat work.

setQuarterTilePlacement on (off to turn off)
(after putting this in the cheat window you need to activate by pressing Ctrl+F)
(I've added it as an alias in my UserStartup, using qon/qof. I don't use the cheat much, but for those difficult to do picture collages on walls it's great).

After activating with Ctrl+F, you basically use it by moving the object around. It'll snap to the allowed places. Getting wall placement right can be a little tricky, but the pictures do place better than Snapobjects allow for. There's possibly a button for toggling the placement (M?) but I'm not sure.

I had never heard of that cheat before but thanks for advice. I'll try that next time.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 1:30 AM
The quarter tile cheat will change your gameplay. Not only can you use it for decorating, but very carefully placed table and chairs will also work. So that awkward spot where your (general your) dining table isn't centred? You can centre it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
Original Poster
#8 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Squidconqueror : 20th Oct 2018 at 2:24 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
The quarter tile cheat will change your gameplay. Not only can you use it for decorating, but very carefully placed table and chairs will also work. So that awkward spot where your (general your) dining table isn't centred? You can centre it.

I didn't know that it even had that feature. Thanks Jo. I guess you learn something new everyday.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:34 AM
Ah you got it. When I said I'd make pictures, btw, I meant screenshots to show you how it's done - but as you've got it, there's no need. As Jo and Simmer said, there's also the quartertile placement cheat which is very handy in certain circumstances. I confess, I don't use it for pictures but then I seem to be able to line them up with the wall ok. But you need to use the cheats that feel most comfortable and flexible for you. I have all three cheats in my userStartup.cheat file and turn them on and off with an alias.

You know, making rooms from a picture would be a good mini build contest.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
Original Poster
#10 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 2:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Ah you got it. When I said I'd make pictures, btw, I meant screenshots to show you how it's done - but as you've got it, there's no need. As Jo and Simmer said, there's also the quartertile placement cheat which is very handy in certain circumstances. I confess, I don't use it for pictures but then I seem to be able to line them up with the wall ok. But you need to use the cheats that feel most comfortable and flexible for you. I have all three cheats in my userStartup.cheat file and turn them on and off with an alias.

You know, making rooms from a picture would be a good mini build contest.

I'll think about that. Where could I particulate if I ever to take that challenge up? I actually feel very proud of that bedroom recreation although I probably need to find some better picture replacements. Here an updated picture of the bedroom.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 20th Oct 2018 at 8:24 AM
We have had contests where you decorate one room at a time. (or just one room on a small plot) Might be in joint contests.

Nothing stopping you hosting one, you don't have to be staff to hold a contest. It will have to be properly set up with rules and such and be approved first.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~