Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 7:02 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Can't save or leave lot
Hi!

I'm playing TS2 Ultimate Collection. I tried to send my Sim to a community lot, I chose where I wanted him to go, and the car left, but I didn't get the loading screen. Moments later, he reappeared on the road, and I am now unable to walk to lot, call taxi, or drive to any community lots, and the save button is grayed out although I can still exit to neighborhood; it just warns me that I'll exit without saving.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on?

Anyone else unable to read?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 8:21 AM
Can other sims on the lot go out? or can sims on other lots go out?

Try resetting him, by putting on move objects, delete with the hand tool, save, exit to hood and reload the lot.

Try going into hood view and moving his lot with the hand tool to another spot.

Check the portals with the portal revealer. http://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html it's under 2 story windows.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Aug 2019 at 3:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Can other sims on the lot go out? or can sims on other lots go out?

Try resetting him, by putting on move objects, delete with the hand tool, save, exit to hood and reload the lot.

Try going into hood view and moving his lot with the hand tool to another spot.

Check the portals with the portal revealer. http://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html it's under 2 story windows.

Other sims on the lot also couldn't leave; not sure about other lots, I was scared to exit without saving lol. But in an effort I did that and went back into the lot. Everything is okay now except my progress. I had actually tried deleting him and using reset age duration to bring him back multiple times and that didn't work either. I couldn't save at all so there was no way to save, exit and reload.

Other sims were at work/school and returned fine in the car when their day was over.

Anyway all seems to be good now. If it happens again I'll try the portal revealer.

Anyone else unable to read?