Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 5:40 PM
Default How to extract Maxis' object thumbnail?
This one:

I've tried going to the thumbnails cache in the Documents folder, but they have a black background instead of a transparent one.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 9:03 PM
Thumbnails in TS2 are based on various positioning stuff in the CRES, and they don't save as a picture, so I don't think you can extract them. I'm not sure if they show as pictures in the Thumbnail cache files, but if they do I don't think they'll show unless you've selected or recolored that particular object ingame.

Any reason why you need the thumbnail? It's possible whatever you need it for can be solved some other way.

If you need previews for something, one option is to take a screenshot of the thumbnails while ingame.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 10:06 PM
Are you saying that your newly created fence has no thumbnail in game?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Mar 2019 at 11:17 PM
And the fence looks like a chair?

I'm not sure about TS4, but you could try to just take a picture of the item with a plain white or black background, and make a custom thumbnail. Should be possible if you use Sims4Studio.
Scholar
#5 Old 2nd Apr 2019 at 3:05 PM
Fence thumbnails are in the BuildModeThumbnails.package and the background is black, Sims2 knows to render black as transparent for thumbnails.