Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 2:02 PM Last edited by stephaniekit : 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Updates + Edits for more info
Default Clothes CC showing as if no meshes (Hair, Objects etc. work fine)
In May, my computer had to be reformatted due to an error with an update. I managed to get my hard drive and saved all my sims downloads, neighbourhoods etc. I reinstalled my game not too long ago, maybe a month or so, I have the UC collection on Origin. I didn't play it for a few months because I have 8gb of cc and it took forever to copy over and I was lazy. The other day I finally managed to copy it all over, then I installed things like lighting mods, camera mods and MeetMeToTheRiver's clean neighbourhoods, plus edited the graphics rules with the Graphics Rules Maker. Finally I went in game, turned on CC, exited, went back in to make sure CC is enabled and I went into CAS to make sure things were as they should be. Well, they were, except the clothes. Everything was working, hair, skintones, eyes, make up, but the clothes are showing up as the "no mesh found" outfits instead of the actual CC outfits. I followed every step of the Guide to get CC to Show Up on the wiki, but I couldn't really find anything else. I also messed around making sure it wasn't a piece of bad CC that affected this, but all the same result, the CC not showing up properly. I also checked the UserProps xml.

I'm kind of at a loss, the only thing I can think of doing is reinstalling the entire game but I don't want to go so extreme if there is anything else I can try!

Thank you!

Update: I did reinstall the whole game, did absolutely nothing to it except enable CC and run Bodyshop to generate the Downloads folder, and I still have the same issue.

Update 2: I did the graphics rules maker, and copied over the edited files to the CSConfig in case it is a graphics problem. I'm thinking it still might be, but I still don't know how to fix it.

Edit 3: Sorry about all these edits, but I just realised if I think it's a graphics problem, I should tell you more info. I play the UC, on Windows 10, and my graphics card is: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, but I had all these before my computer broke so I'm still confused.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:01 PM
Hi, I've figured out the issue. It was because of copying files over from the external hard drive to my hard drive, one of them must be faulty. I used a USB pen and that seems to work fine!