Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 5:26 PM
Default Kintting/Crocheting
So I'm trying to create a Crochet skill within Sims 4, to where a character just pulls out knitting needles and makes a random object...

1) is this possible?
2) how do I go about creating the feeder crafting item (yarn in this case)
3) After I created the animation via blender, do I replace another animation?
4) how to make an output?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 12:22 AM
This post is apparently 5 months old, and I don't know if anyone ever got back to you about it, but I'm gonna go ahead and reply anyway.
1. Yes.
2. If you're talking about just a ball of yarn, in and of itself, that wouldn't be too difficult. I know that a creator on TSR has already done this (you would, of course, need their permission to use it, if you chose to do so). If you want to add it to an animated sequence, that's a whole other monster in and of itself, and you would need to use some code in addition to animating to accomplish it.
3. In a sense, yes. If you download Sims 4 Studio, you can select another animation to base yours around from the menu, and import the animation itself into the program so that it can be written into a .package file. The Sims 4 Studio website actually has a lot of quick and easy tutorials to help get you started on that kind of stuff.
4. What do you mean by "output"? The finished product? The file to transfer over to other programs? In-game interaction?