Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#13026 Old Yesterday at 4:59 AM
I'd love to participate in a contest!!! Count me in.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13027 Old Yesterday at 7:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
@simsample , @Charity , @Justpetro , (and also anyone else who's interested, the four of us just seemed to be the ones mentioning it above) do we want to chat about contest ideas at some point? I'm not sure I've got the mental bandwidth to design and host one all on my lonesome again, but I'd certainly love to be a judge or help get something figured out, and hopefully if it's a smaller or more low-key contest it might revitalize people's interest in that kind of community activity!

I would love to talk about contest ideas. And I think some others may want to chat as well
Mad Poster
#13028 Old Yesterday at 7:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
I would love to talk about contest ideas. And I think some others may want to chat as well

Edit: Shall I start a thread? Give me until tomorrow
Mad Poster
#13029 Old Yesterday at 9:27 AM
At an apartment building party, two townies got into a slapfest and then one of them proceeded to autonomously give a present to the other one.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13030 Old Yesterday at 9:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
At an apartment building party, two townies got into a slapfest and then one of them proceeded to autonomously give a present to the other one.

Oh.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13031 Old Yesterday at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
When I left school in 1969, I just left. I was 17, a few months away from my 18th birthday. The idea of a graduation from school would have seemed odd to us. If I had stayed on till the end of the term there would have been a brief leaving ceremony of sorts, but I preferred to leave as soon as my exams were finished, and get a job, thus earning money for first time in my life. (The job paid just over £7 a week, for a 40 hour week.) Actually my reason for leaving was because I refused to get my hair cut. A teacher told me to get my hair cut, and I replied that "I'm leaving at the end of next week." I used that week to say goodbye to all my school friends. With total hypocrisy I did get my hair cut as soon as I left. I got it cut to improve my chances of getting that job. Once I got the job, I started growing my hair again, and I've pretty well kept it quite long ever since. I still wear my hair in more or less the same style ever since, though I have to admit it's turned white now. Come to think of it, nearly all the male Sims in my game, especially the younger ones, wear their hair quite long. I think a boy's hair really ought to cover his ears. I'm quite sure the Veronaville teachers don't order the boys to cut their hair. In fact nobody ever seems to have told Julian to wear a shirt to school -- he's never worn one to school in all the time I've known him!

So, in view of the informal way in which I left school myself, I'm not surprised that my teens don't get a graduation ceremony at the end of school. In fact my teen Sims seem to stop going to school when they feel they've learned enough. Attendance at school in Veronaville appears to be optional above the age of 12 or so. My teens don't actually grow up to adults, they just stop going to school!

It must be a US thing. We don't have high school graduation with gowns and diplomas and ceremonies here either.

Oh.

Are those the same two townies lol?
Mad Poster
#13032 Old Yesterday at 10:36 AM
Is the "gift" a baby? Lol.

I love reading contests and sometimes following along. I am a bit reluctant to take a spot from someone who will be a committed participant, because my enthusiasm for sims waxes and wanes so much in an unpredictable manner. I don't think I've ever actually managed to finish one

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#13033 Old Yesterday at 12:48 PM
I view graduation ceremonies as a way to keep everyone quiet about the school itself. "See, your kid actually learned something! What it was, we don't know but here's a paper saying they did!"

As for me, I'm just puzzled about how things like cleanbots other bots work-I'm lazy and downloaded a couple of them but they don't work-is it that the pixels have to actually make them to initiate them or what?

Because otherwise I'm not putting my pixels through that torture otherwise. I have a couple of hacked ones in my game that work but the other bots just are useless.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Instructor
#13034 Old Yesterday at 1:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
@simsample , @Charity , @Justpetro , (and also anyone else who's interested, the four of us just seemed to be the ones mentioning it above) do we want to chat about contest ideas at some point? I'm not sure I've got the mental bandwidth to design and host one all on my lonesome again, but I'd certainly love to be a judge or help get something figured out, and hopefully if it's a smaller or more low-key contest it might revitalize people's interest in that kind of community activity!

Depending on the scheduling that is something I'd be interested in.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#13035 Old Yesterday at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Depending on the scheduling that is something I'd be interested in.

Awesome. I would love to see you active there again.
Mad Poster
#13036 Old Yesterday at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are those the same two townies lol?

Hehe, no -- I was playing the Ramaswamis, and partway through their party they decide to start canoodling a bit. Cue one of the guests deciding it's the perfect time to give their host a gift.

There were also two fistfights at the party. Ended up a Good Time, lol.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13037 Old Yesterday at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
I'm just puzzled about how things like cleanbots other bots work-I'm lazy and downloaded a couple of them but they don't work-is it that the pixels have to actually make them to initiate them or what?

An active sim needs to switch them on, then they will do any work that needs doing and return to the charging station once done (just like a Roomba). There is a small chance that they will malfunction, upon which they need to be switched off then repaired. Really fun because, sometimes a broken bot can turn itself back on and cause havoc!

Re: contest- Yes count me in, but I will be away from keyboard for much of next week. I am going to be doing a marathon machete battle as I tightrope walk across the Red Sea. Up for any type of contest and I can judge or whatever, but not sure I'm imaginative enough to run it!
Mad Poster
#13038 Old Yesterday at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
There is a small chance that they will malfunction, upon which they need to be switched off then repaired. Really fun because, sometimes a broken bot can turn itself back on and cause havoc!

Mad Poster
#13039 Old Yesterday at 7:31 PM
There were also two fistfights at the party. Ended up a Good Time, lol.

This song was also playing during one of the fistfights. It was a surprisingly fitting soundtrack.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
Mad Poster
#13041 Old Yesterday at 8:32 PM
This song was also playing during one of the fistfights. It was a surprisingly fitting soundtrack.

I had fist fights at parties that ended in roof raisers! Guess it depends on whether the guests like watching a good old fight
Mad Poster
#13042 Old Yesterday at 11:01 PM
Yes, but none of them are enabled to be started. I'm guessing they're deco, because "No actions" shows up on the items when hovering over them.

I just wish those creators who 'made' them would make sure they described them as deco, not functional for those of us who can't read minds properly.

Such as this one. I should have realized all of the set was deco, not just part of it.

https://modthesims.info/d/507924/of...n-buy-mode.html

I'm just plain lazy and so are my pixels.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Page 522 of 522