Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:01 PM
Default Sims 3 not reading AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics
Hi all, sorry if this isn't the best place to post this. But I was wondering if anyone could give some help.

I have a hp notebook 1tb laptop and its not wanting to read my graphics card!

I have attached below my DeviceConfig, and my GraphicsRules and GraphicsCards. I was wondering if anyone on here that is tech savvy enough with the whole GraphicsRules and GraphicsCards to help me by telling me clearly in detail what I need to do to add my AMD Radeon(TM) R6 Graphics card and make it compatible to run Sims 3 (because I am a complete dum-dum with things like this), or simply edit my GraphicsRules stuff and then send back the modified .sgr files. If anyone is able to do this, I will greatly appreciate it because I'm dying to play 3 on my good, "new" laptop. Thanks in advance.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  graphics.rar (14.0 KB, 5 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:57 PM Last edited by Elynda : 1st May 2018 at 11:36 AM.
I wish I could be of help to you on this, but I too am not very 'tech savvy'.

I had a similar problem to yours, which I believe I have fixed. My HP Pavilion notebook has switchable graphics, and for a while I couldn't work out how to get Sims 3 to use the more powerful AMD Radeon graphics controller. Finally I discovered that if I right click on the desktop I can select Configure Switchable Graphics. This opens the Catalyst Control Center where you can configure various applications for either High Performance or Power Saving. If Sims 3 isn't listed under Recent Applications you can browse for it under Other Applications.

I also went into Power Settings and set them to High Performance. The computer will normally only use the High Performance when it is plugged in, which in my case it almost always is. This all appears to have worked, at least there is a noticeable improvement in both the game's graphics and performance. As I said, I'm not very tech savvy, and things may be different in your case, but I hope this is some help to you.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor