Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 5:11 AM
That's weird. I doubt my grandma would be down with that shit. She was anti-racist even back in the fifties and sixties - when it was still considered cool to discriminate against non-whites.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#27 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 8:04 AM
UM, GUYS?

I didn't make this thread for debate!

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#28 Old 26th Jun 2020 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JDacapo
That's weird. I doubt my grandma would be down with that shit. She was anti-racist even back in the fifties and sixties - when it was still considered cool to discriminate against non-whites.
I wish more people were like that.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Mad Poster
#29 Old 27th Jun 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PANDAQUEEN
UM, GUYS?

I didn't make this thread for debate!

Sorry about that. I guess every forum needs its own Alex Jones. Maybe I am this forum's Alex Jones. *goes off to rant about gay frogs*
Scholar
#30 Old 8th Jul 2020 at 11:59 AM
I'm looking forward to finishing reading my marketing textbook. I'm prepping my brain to get back to studying and it really is like dying again. I've remembered stuff from what feels like 10,000 years ago (really 2 or 3 years) and even looked at chapters that I have never seen in my life but definitely remember discussing in other classes. Which class? I have no idea because a lot of my classes crossed over into one another even if the textbooks (and some teachers) pretended they didn't. So ultimately I'm looking forward to January 2022 when I should be free of all this and can hopefully become a real adult.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jul 2020 at 7:50 PM
Finding the Light of Hope in my miserably dark world.

And you?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Mad Poster
#32 Old 21st Jul 2020 at 12:13 PM
I'm starting to get back into the swing of things now.
Back at work, albeit at reduced hours and now we've had the border closed (I live on a border town and both towns basically rely on each other to work)
Looking forward to when "Rona's" gone so we can try and go back to normal, or at least take a couple of days off and sleep

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:20 AM
Masks are now mandatory where I am. So even doing my little walk around the block when I see no-one, I have to wear one. For those occasions, I've decided I'll wear a scarf instead - less intrusive-feeling. I already was wearing a mask for supermarkets.
I read somewhere today that some people who have Covid don't get any symptoms at all - effectively carriers, I guess. That's alarming.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a Skype session with family and we'll play Settlers of Catan. Small things.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#34 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 9:39 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 23rd Jul 2020 at 10:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by yavannatw
Masks are now mandatory where I am. So even doing my little walk around the block when I see no-one, I have to wear one. For those occasions, I've decided I'll wear a scarf instead - less intrusive-feeling. I already was wearing a mask for supermarkets.
I read somewhere today that some people who have Covid don't get any symptoms at all - effectively carriers, I guess. That's alarming.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to a Skype session with family and we'll play Settlers of Catan. Small things.

I obey the mask laws, even back when it was a small regulation for healthcare when at the doctor's office. I actually follow similar etiquette from Japanese manners to wear a surgical mask during cold\flu season.

BTW: you're very lucky that your family gets to play games. My parents are going to South Jersey for vacation soon and I will be watching the house for them (not like I will be getting money, just run of the house).

According to hardcore Batman fans, Gotham City is located in the South Jersey region. Also, the Pine Barrens of South Jersey is home to Mrs. Leeds' 13th child, the Jersey Devil. The little monster ate his 12 siblings and his mother. Talk about unlucky.

A little Jersey Lore to give you an idea of what made us in both old days and modern times.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#35 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 2:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VerDeTerre
I wish more people were like that.

My grandparents worked in the medical science sector, and that left little room to waste time on hatred and prejudice. My grandmother was one of the nicest nurses, even if you're getting a shot and my grandfather had an even temper and would carefully word his next sentence. My grandmother was a nurse and my grandfather was a medical supplies developer and invented a collagen skin graft style of bandage that works great on scrapes.

My grandmother died on 6/30/2014, but my grandfather is very much alive, but due to his Type A blood, I can't see him until the COVID19 pandemic ends.

Mad Poster
#36 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 3:50 PM
Looking forward to;
Sleep
And 2021 or 22 (covid free too)

At least they're going to fine people that don't wear face masks, although I did see a box of 50 face masks for sale on the net for $250.
This is why people are making there own ones

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#37 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sterling_Archer
Looking forward to;
Sleep
And 2021 or 22 (covid free too)

At least they're going to fine people that don't wear face masks, although I did see a box of 50 face masks for sale on the net for $250.
This is why people are making there own ones

There are plenty of places that sell cloth ones if you're not good at sewing or not up to sewing.

CoverMyMouth and Mask Club are a few good ones and are on trend for Millennials and the iGen. They run between USD$12-15 per mask, but they are worth it!

Besides, I wear face masks during cold and flu season based on Japanese etiquette, and I look like a zombie during cold and flu season without one.

Mad Poster
#38 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 10:25 PM
I've still got some face masks that I bought at the end of December, when we had bushfires.
The smoke ended up making my breathing harder, so at least I'm not forking out the big bucks for disposable ones

Page 2 of 2