Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 6:30 PM Last edited by Kimdelee : 12th Jun 2009 at 7:21 PM.
Default Moving sims in placed homes NOT working
I placed a home from the houses bin into town so I could move one of my sims in, but when I went to the active household that house was not clickable as a choice to move into.

Now if i had click make copy of that household or sim I could have moved him in, but he coudnt afford it yet.

Is there something I have not done correctly when trying to put a household into a newly placed home? I want to be able to use some of the ones Ive downloaded from here and move my sims in as well.

TIA
Kim
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 7:22 PM
You will need to have a sim that can afforit if necessary move a sim into a cheap house and motherlode until they have enough cash to buy the more expensive house .
Edit the town evict from cheap house in move into a lovely downloaded abode.

We need the old Familyfund cheat back EA
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:01 PM
Yeah I just relized the game was smarter than I was. It would have helped if the price info was listed at least when you hover over a lot or home so you know why youre getting no option to click etc.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:23 PM
You can use the family funds cheat but only if you've enabled testing cheats. It took me forever to figure out why family funds was only working sometimes.
Inventor
#5 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:25 PM
Before you select to move someone in type in FreeRealEstate in the cheat box.
It ignores the cost entirely.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Inventor
#6 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 8:26 PM
Yep, you have to use "testingcheatsenabled true" then after you've moved your sim into a home you use "familyFunds <last name of family> <fund amount>" to give them specific amount of money.

Quote: Originally posted by Greenlea
Before you select to move someone in type in FreeRealEstate in the cheat box.
It ignores the cost entirely.

So that's how you have to type it? I had forgotten the exact letter cases and tried "freerealestate" and it wouldn't work for me so I had to move my sims into a house first. Thanks for the correct term to use. I'll try it next time I create a sim.
Inventor
#7 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:10 AM
familyfunds and freerealestate do not work if I type testingcheatsenabled true, otherwise they work fine.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Field Researcher
#8 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by roxxy
familyfunds and freerealestate do not work if I type testingcheatsenabled true, otherwise they work fine.

I'm confused... ppl are saying it's the other way around... that you have to have testingcheatsenabled true ON or it will not work. *scratches head*
Scholar
#9 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 6:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kimdelee
Yeah I just relized the game was smarter than I was. It would have helped if the price info was listed at least when you hover over a lot or home so you know why youre getting no option to click etc.
Don't be embarrassed. I had the same "Doh!" moment myself today. It's a new interface and we're bound to get confused by it from time to time.