Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 3:40 PM
Default Custom Movies (tv)
Hi everyone, I just discovered an amazing conversion of the sims 3 tv shows for the sims 2, I installed the custom .avi videos in the specified directory and all my sims can watch is just a white screen, how can I make this worK?

The link of the videos : https://www.tumblr.com/earlypleasan...on?source=share
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 4:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eliassims
Hi everyone, I just discovered an amazing conversion of the sims 3 tv shows for the sims 2, I installed the custom .avi videos in the specified directory and all my sims can watch is just a white screen, how can I make this worK?

The link of the videos : https://www.tumblr.com/earlypleasan...on?source=share

Are you sure you put it in the correct directory?
"They go in Documents/EAGames/Sims2/Movies/Broadcast. Then choose which station folder to put them in. The game’s movie channels only play one video, so if you put something in the TVMovie folder, it will overwrite the original movie. "
Does that white screen appear in every station?

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 5:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Are you sure you put it in the correct directory?
"They go in Documents/EAGames/Sims2/Movies/Broadcast. Then choose which station folder to put them in. The game’s movie channels only play one video, so if you put something in the TVMovie folder, it will overwrite the original movie. "
Does that white screen appear in every station?

Thanks for your answer! yes, I put everything in that directory and choose for exaple which video I wanted for commercials or the sport channel and that white screen appeared in the channels I put the videos on. (Not in the ones I didn't touch)
Instructor
#4 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 8:13 PM
Thanks for your answer! yes, I put everything in that directory and choose for exaple which video I wanted for commercials or the sport channel and that white screen appeared in the channels I put the videos on. (Not in the ones I didn't touch)

Okay, if you remove them and put them in the ACTUAL movie folder, like the one which plays movies and movies only, like children's, comedy, drama, spooky, action, will it work or even create white screens on that option too? Or will the original EAxis movie still play?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Feb 2024 at 11:34 PM
Okay, if you remove them and put them in the ACTUAL movie folder, like the one which plays movies and movies only, like children's, comedy, drama, spooky, action, will it work or even create white screens on that option too? Or will the original EAxis movie still play?

Ok, I tried it, same white screen 😰
Instructor
#6 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 11:28 AM
Ok, I tried it, same white screen 😰

Then could you try with another movie, not the extracted movies to see if it's the movies' fault?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 6:39 PM
Then could you try with another movie, not the extracted movies to see if it's the movies' fault?

I wonder if this has to be with the problem, when I play the videos In my desktop a message is showed and I can't watch the video, only listen to the sound, it seems like some VP60 codec is missing,I searched for info and "VP6 is a video codec used in various games published by companies under the Electronic Arts "
I guess I just need a way to be able to reproduce this kind of videos with that specific codec.
Instructor
#8 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 6:55 PM
I wonder if this has to be with the problem, when I play the videos In my desktop a message is showed and I can't watch the video, only listen to the sound, it seems like some VP60 codec is missing,I searched for info and "VP6 is a video codec used in various games published by companies under the Electronic Arts "
I guess I just need a way to be able to reproduce this kind of videos with that specific codec.

Perhaps notify the creator, so they know that something's wrong. Checked the comments, and some people are saying it doesn't work but none have mentioned this exact problem, and the creator won't know how to fix it if they don't know the actual problem.
I have absolutely no idea of how to fix the problem with the codec, so I'd advise you not to ask me for help in this situation as I may even worsen things
If I knew exactly how they extracted the videos from TS3 to TS2, maybe I'd have some sort of idea.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 7:03 PM
Perhaps notify the creator, so they know that something's wrong. Checked the comments, and some people are saying it doesn't work but none have mentioned this exact problem, and the creator won't know how to fix it if they don't know the actual problem.
I have absolutely no idea of how to fix the problem with the codec, so I'd advise you not to ask me for help in this situation as I may even worsen things
If I knew exactly how they extracted the videos from TS3 to TS2, maybe I'd have some sort of idea.

Omg I just dit it lol, I downloaded the codec and now it's working!!!!

The solution : https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=653644

Thanks for your help anyways
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Feb 2024 at 7:05 PM
Omg I just dit it lol, I downloaded the codec and now it's working!!!!

The solution : https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=653644

Thanks for your help anyways

Congrats!