Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#176 Old 3rd Aug 2019 at 8:40 PM
Advertisement
Banned
#177 Old 6th May 2020 at 11:31 AM Last edited by hojoos : 7th May 2020 at 4:01 PM.
I have never tried these games. I even cannot tell why. Is that worth trying? All the games I am playing currently are already boring to me. So I am looking for something new and fresh. I am from https://worldpostalcode.com/united-...chusetts/boston, and where are you all from? It would be good to start a new challenge and enter a new community.
Forum Resident
#178 Old 6th May 2020 at 7:04 PM
God I hope EA doesn't re-release sims 2. I'm afraid of what they might do to it. My guess is they will turn it into an internet only playable game and shove the game so full of microtransactions that you can't do anything without paying real money.. I say let sleeping dogs lie.
Mad Poster
#179 Old 6th May 2020 at 8:44 PM
I think The Sims 2 is enough old for EA to let it go into freeware, so the sites like GoG can make it compatible with Win7, 8, 10 and any future version and we can buy it again.
Alchemist
#180 Old 7th May 2020 at 1:56 AM
It's old enough, but I don't think they want to. And really, why would they, as they have their own game client, Origin. I'm confident that if EA ever does re-release TS2, they wouldn't make any changes, just make it compatible for newer computers, if anything. History has shown that they're not into remasters for the sims franchise and I just can't see them adding on to the existing game, as that's more work. In the same vein, I don't see EA releasing an updated version either, whether through GOG or by doing it themselves. It's just not something their interested in doing and at this point, I have to think that they are well aware there's a market/audience for it. There is a small chance of it happening--I mean, hey, they did give everyone the Ultimate version out of the blue-- but again, that's a small chance.

EAxis just doesn't know what they want to do, imo. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They could make easy money just by updating TS1 and TS2 for modern computers and selling extra content through Origin/a Sim Store. They could even make the same exact stuff for all generations--like if TS4 has a new furniture set, port it into TS1, TS2, and TS3. Imo, Sims is one of those franchises that people will not complain about buying DLC if you price it right and if the original has enough content to begin with (which they don't have to worry about here because it's DLC for an older game). Doing this would allow them to keep tabs on their fanbase and push the newer games or spin offs to the right audience. And, if players don't want to upgrade, they can still make money from this audience by utilizing their old IPs and selling the updating game and content. Because why let old games sit on the shelf making no money, when you could put them out there and make some amount of money. But EAxis isn't interested in logic and what makes sense for the franchise--they're busy reinventing the wheel and trying to turn sims games into something they're not.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Scholar
#181 Old 7th May 2020 at 3:11 AM
As with any re -release games, some features will be removed, some will be added. And the truth is...aside from being a very old game, TS2 is near perfect as it is. If they added an ability to consolidate mods/CC and fine tune it for windows 10...i cant imagine anything better. They wont though, because EA thinks the best Sims is the one they are developing.
Mad Poster
#182 Old 7th May 2020 at 3:26 AM
They're only motivate is to get ppl onto whatever the latest game they're producing or developing. The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was only limited time thing, with the ulterior motive of having players get to use the crappy platform known as Origin. They're hardly care what beloved fans of TS2 want or care

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Instructor
#183 Old 18th May 2020 at 10:18 AM
Nah they don't care about TS2 i agree and everyone not just EA are moving onto newer systems and stopping support for 32 bit they're really pushing us now to upgrade our computers to something more recent at least a 64 bit which is the most supported right now and the most affordable you don't want the absolute latest and greatest it's still in an experimental stage and would cost you a fortune with some CPU overheat issues it's too new, but one of the reasons i bought TS4 i knew i had to and chances of getting TS2 to work is 50/50 and i couldn't play it with pink flashing issues.

Totally TS4 hasn't done as well and took them 5 years so far to get people to start playing but only because they got YouTubers to do videos for them (which worked lol sort of...), but a lot of people are just buying Seasons and well we know the other packs just aren't worth the full price everyone buys them On Sale i did lol but i just wouldn't re-pay for the entire game all over again if they re-mastered it. I get a Sims 1 vibe from TS4 as well the Build Music sounds like it too it's definitely NOT The Sims 2 it's different but i still like it just... i'm done with the game beyond TS4 i too think it's a mistake making a Sims 5 all those profits they made it's gonna backfire after TS4 doing quite badly, but apparently it may be in the works, i'm mentally burnt on from just recycling the same stuff and idea of them doing that we need change and different but i don't think they can.
Forum Resident
#184 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:11 AM
This is like hoping for a Microsoft remake of MS-DOS or Windows 95. Not going to happen. I think the closest you'll see to that is characters being remade in the newer games, like the Pleasant family.
Mad Poster
#185 Old 22nd May 2020 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
It's old enough, but I don't think they want to. And really, why would they, as they have their own game client, Origin. I'm confident that if EA ever does re-release TS2, they wouldn't make any changes, just make it compatible for newer computers, if anything. History has shown that they're not into remasters for the sims franchise and I just can't see them adding on to the existing game, as that's more work. In the same vein, I don't see EA releasing an updated version either, whether through GOG or by doing it themselves. It's just not something their interested in doing and at this point, I have to think that they are well aware there's a market/audience for it. There is a small chance of it happening--I mean, hey, they did give everyone the Ultimate version out of the blue-- but again, that's a small chance.

EAxis just doesn't know what they want to do, imo. I've said it before and I'll say it again. They could make easy money just by updating TS1 and TS2 for modern computers and selling extra content through Origin/a Sim Store. They could even make the same exact stuff for all generations--like if TS4 has a new furniture set, port it into TS1, TS2, and TS3. Imo, Sims is one of those franchises that people will not complain about buying DLC if you price it right and if the original has enough content to begin with (which they don't have to worry about here because it's DLC for an older game). Doing this would allow them to keep tabs on their fanbase and push the newer games or spin offs to the right audience. And, if players don't want to upgrade, they can still make money from this audience by utilizing their old IPs and selling the updating game and content. Because why let old games sit on the shelf making no money, when you could put them out there and make some amount of money. But EAxis isn't interested in logic and what makes sense for the franchise--they're busy reinventing the wheel and trying to turn sims games into something they're not.

There are several problems with re-releasing or updating the game:

1. The time, and mindset is far different than when it was first released. The 'lifestyle', and other attributes of the time are now very dated, and the people who made the Sims 2 have undoubtedly gone onto other, better things. The studio is far smaller, and more controlled by EA, who haven't shown much interest in doing anything more than slapping a new label onto the game as it is. Hell, they didn't even remove Securom from the remaster!

2. EA is not going to devote their finances and resources to a game that has 'been exceeded' by other iterations, such as Sims 4. The players now are used to that one, and for EA to 'regress' back to 2 would be to make those players very unhappy. There are those who actually like the game the way it is, and some of them are players who were active Sims 2 players.

Finally, EA has long been a champion of bigger titles that can be updated on a regular basis, such as "Madden" or any other sports title. They don't want to waste their money on a small but lucrative franchise for players who will grow up and out of it.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#186 Old 31st May 2020 at 10:09 AM
They might release Sims 2, considering what they did with Bullfrog titles. EA has no respect or possessiveness over it's older titles. Bullfrog like Maxis was an old gaming company, from the early golden years mostly known for their management games like Theme Park, Theme Hospital and Dungeon Master. Although beloved by gamers and many in the industry, EA shut Bullfrog down and it ceased to exist.

What happened next, was it became increasingly difficult to buy the old games. Even if you could, new computers made running them difficult. No help or support came from EA for years. Then one day they just gave Theme Hospital, away for free. GOG was allowed to sell Bullfrig games fixed for modern computers and without DRM. Indie companies were allowed to make new versions of the old games. For instance, War of the Underworld (Dungeon Master) and Two Point Hospital (Modernised clone of Theme Hospital, from some of the Bullfrog original staff). No response from EA. Not a single word. Which makes one assume the don't care about old IP's and don't care if others do. So it could be Sims 2 gets released again by either EA or somebody else. Unless they intend to turn it into a mobile game, like they done with Dungeon Master, which gained them hatred from gamers worldwide.
Mad Poster
#187 Old 31st May 2020 at 12:57 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 31st May 2020 at 2:35 PM. Reason: Grammar: too many "ands"
Some time in The Ages of Ages to Come, long after the Grim Reaper has summoned all of us and taken us all off to our Long Home, some android will be rummaging through the archives of a long-forgotten company called Electronic Arts, and stumble across The Sims 2, and, on loading it onto something that can simulate an ancient computer, they will say to themselves, "You know, this is some of the best human life simulation that's ever been done."

Then they will re-engineer it to run on whatever has replaced computers by then, and release it for a new generation of humans and humanoid robots to enjoy. And some of the robots will wonder, as they play with Don Lothario, and Kaylynn Langerak, and Jan Tellerman, and Dina and Nina Caliente, if human life around the year 2000 was really just a little bit like that. . .

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#188 Old 31st May 2020 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Some time in The Ages of Ages to Come, long after the Grim Reaper has summoned all of us and taken us all off to our Long Home, some android will be rummaging through the archives of a long-forgotten company called Electronic Arts, and stumble across The Sims 2, and, on loading it onto something that can simulate an ancient computer, they will say to themselves, "You know, this is some of the best human life simulation that's ever been done."

Then they will re-engineer it to run on whatever has replaced computers by then, and release it for a new generation of humans and humanoid robots to enjoy. And some of the robots will wonder, as they play with Don Lothario, and Kaylynn Langerak, and Jan Tellerman, and Dina and Nina Caliente, if human life around the year 2000 was really just a little bit like that. . .

@AndrewGloria expand it to a short story!

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Mad Poster
#189 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunbee
@ AndrewGloria expand it to a short story!
Thanks! But I'm honestly not sure that I'm up to that! There are a few professional and semi-professional writers here (@Peni Griffin -- but I know there are others) who could probably make a much better stab at it than me. I certainly don't mind anyone taking my idea and developing it. Or maybe we could do something jointly.

I usually need the help of my Sims to do storytelling. But I suppose that could be arranged. My first thought would be a futuristic new custom 'hood, but that would need a lot of new CC. Or maybe Andrew and his friends could just dress up. I think they'c be up for that.

I'm wondering if it might be worth sending the story to EA in some form. The idea that they own something that is so good that, even in a story, someone in the centuries to come could think worth reviving is sort of complimentary to them. Anyway I don't think there's anything to lose.

Sometimes it seems to me that EA today is run by the sort of people who know the price of everything and the value of nothing. It would be nice if they could prove me wrong.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Top Secret Researcher
#190 Old 1st Jun 2020 at 1:09 AM
I'll just wait for ParaLives
Page 8 of 8