Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:35 AM
Default bb.moveobjects and the latest patch
I haven't patched my game as yet with the May patch. I've been too busy building a residential lot, and didn't want a patch to throw a spanner in the works (I hate you March patch!!!) It's a house I'm fine tweaking as I plan to upload it here when I'm happy with it. Today I saved it to the houses bin in an attempt to see how it travels. I admit, there's a lot of extensive trickery done with bb.moveobjects, so I wasn't expecting everything to make the journey in one piece. But, stone the crows, no sooner had I placed the lot, - (making sure bb.moveobjects was still active.) - only to find so much of it was wiped, exterminated, or moved, ruining so much of the pretty effects. I was a tad disturbed, and thought to myself there's no way I'm going to upload this lot if it's only going to suffer the same fate on other peoples games.

So, to my question, I saw in the patch notes there was a fix for another element of bb.moveobjects that was addressed. I know of the problem Maxis said they fixed, placing lots with the cheat active was like putting the lot in a food blender during a tornado, you never know where the furnishing is going to end up once it settles.

Can anyone confirm Maxis have indeed fixed this? If they have fixed it successfully then I'll get my game patched in the hope it helps keep my objects stable and in place when I plop down the lot. Or is the game still going to be a royal pain in the backside and continue to randomly move my objects even after I patch. Namely, if I use the cheat to adjust the height of objects, it just randomly slams some objects to the ground in transit.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
I haven't patched my game as yet with the May patch. I've been too busy building a residential lot, and didn't want a patch to throw a spanner in the works (I hate you March patch!!!) It's a house I'm fine tweaking as I plan to upload it here when I'm happy with it. Today I saved it to the houses bin in an attempt to see how it travels. I admit, there's a lot of extensive trickery done with bb.moveobjects, so I wasn't expecting everything to make the journey in one piece. But, stone the crows, no sooner had I placed the lot, - (making sure bb.moveobjects was still active.) - only to find so much of it was wiped, exterminated, or moved, ruining so much of the pretty effects. I was a tad disturbed, and thought to myself there's no way I'm going to upload this lot if it's only going to suffer the same fate on other peoples games.

So, to my question, I saw in the patch notes there was a fix for another element of bb.moveobjects that was addressed. I know of the problem Maxis said they fixed, placing lots with the cheat active was like putting the lot in a food blender during a tornado, you never know where the furnishing is going to end up once it settles.

Can anyone confirm Maxis have indeed fixed this? If they have fixed it successfully then I'll get my game patched in the hope it helps keep my objects stable and in place when I plop down the lot. Or is the game still going to be a royal pain in the backside and continue to randomly move my objects even after I patch. Namely, if I use the cheat to adjust the height of objects, it just randomly slams some objects to the ground in transit.

Yeah they fixed it. I deleted a bunch a buy mode stuff and had to redecorate one of my apartment lots and alot of stuff in there had to be MOO'ed and when I saved the lot, and copied it for the second unit of the apartment complex, everything was placed properly without having to turn on bb.moveobjects. Prior to them fixing it, some items would disappear into the family inventory if it was out of place.
Smeg Head
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2015 at 1:44 PM
Thanks for the info. Seems like I'll be needing to patch so the game will not randomly bully and obliterate my subtle changes made with MOO. It was such a pain. Even while building the house, changing something as innocent as a bit of wallpaper in a room four floors up and six across, would randomly chuck some MOO'ed deco objects into family bin. A royal pain, indeed.