Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 5:27 AM Last edited by simmerlu : 8th Jan 2018 at 7:19 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Rugs "disappear" outside when zoomed out
Some maxis rugs leave a dark shadow when zoomed out and they're outside, some just go darker - I'm guessing they all do one or the other. I don't know if this is a shadow issue or...? It only does it with shadows on high, and I have shadow fix and rug fixes. It also does it with mods/cc removed. Is this normal? Any help would be appreciated, thanks

Edit: Just realised, it's not necessarily when I zoom out, but when I'm at certain angles. Mostly, looking down at the rugs with the camera.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Jan 2018 at 6:30 AM
Bump bump
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 4:09 PM
Can anyone at least tell me if this is normal or not?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 5:41 PM
I think the reason nobody's answering is, that nobody knows. Not many of us put rugs outside, apart from that stepping stone rug.

It may be completely normal and nobody else has ever noticed it, or it may be a sign of the point at which your machine's graphics start to choke. If you're concerned that it might be the latter, I suggest leaving your shadows set at medium.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 7:55 PM Last edited by RoxEllen1965 : 18th Jan 2018 at 11:42 AM.
This is a side-effect of HugeLunatic's rug fix. I pulled out the NL and BV fixes because the large circular stone inlays from those two EPs looked weird outdoors with the fixes in place just like you describe. You can either leave the rug fixes in and learn to live with the way they look, or pull the fixes out of your game if they really bother you.

Edit - decided to put the NL and BV fixes back in since I hardly ever use the "stone inlay" rugs anyway, much less outdoors.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 2:20 PM
@RoxEllen1965, oh thank you! I wondered what it was because I removed my downloads folder. I forgot the rug fix also has a package installed in "C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\LatestEP\TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins" Yeah I can live with it, I was just worried
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Jan 2018 at 7:46 PM
@simmerlu - I'm sorry that I didn't see your message when you first posted it, but I'm glad that I was able to help. I agree with you - strange glitches are easier to deal with if you know what's causing them.