Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Alchemist
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Userstartup.cheat Please help me get aliases once and for all.
I'm so tired of pausing the game and going to copy a cheat so I can paste it. Please help... I know how to use userstartup.cheat. Not a problem. It's in the right place, right file ending, all that. All of my other commands are working so there doesn't appear to be any error up to the point of the aliases, but, in a decade and a half of play I don't think I've ever had aliases work, so, I'm going to try to get this once and for all - what's wrong with these aliases?

I've tested the commands themselves, by pasting them directly from the userstartup file into the game to make sure there is no error in the command itself. Btw, in my game, capitalization does not matter at all. These pasted in work, but I can type them (when not pasting) with or without caps and they function the same. It also does not appear to be necessary to use boolprop testingcheatsEnabled true before using boolprop constrainFloorElevation false or moveObjects on. I turned off testingcheats and both of those commands work with it off. I always thought we had to enable cheats before those worked. What's up with that?

Again, everything before the aliases is working. No alias functions. Can anyone see what's wrong?

uintProp maxTotalSims 15
uintProp maxTotalHumans 13
uintProp maxTotalPets 2
IntProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 10

boolprop ControlPets on
boolprop PetActionCancel true

boolProp allow45DegreeAngleOfRotation true

aging off

alias apt "changeLotZoning apartmentbase" "Make apartment lot"

alias movet "moveObjects on" "Move Objects On" "Move Objects On"
alias movef "moveObjects off" "Move Objects Off" "Move Objects Off"

alias snapf "boolprop snapObjectsToGrid false" "snap to grid = no" "snap to grid = no"
alias snapt "boolprop snapObjectsToGrid true" "snap to grid = yes" "snap to grid = yes"

alias floorsf "boolprop constrainFloorElevation false" "Floors Weird" "Floors weird"
alias floorst "boolprop constrainFloorElevation true" "Floors normal" "Floors normal"

alias testt "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled true" "testing cheats on" "testing cheats on"
alias testf "boolprop testingCheatsEnabled false" "testing cheats off" "testing cheats off"
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 9:44 PM
I'm not sure you can have ageing off in the userstartup- I thought that one worked on a lot-by-lot basis. Can anyone confirm? Also, is the spelling correct?

@Sunrader test with the 'aging off' line removed.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:05 PM
Here is mine (sorry it's messy) If you test using mine and mine works you can take out what you don't want. My guess is you have a spelling mistake, it only takes one to stop everything below it from working.

Mine was made for me and I did try and clean and change it once but it stopped working so I just don't touch it anymore.

Like simsample I am not at all sure about ageing off in a cheat file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:34 PM
Default Yay, aliases! Boo aging.
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I'm not sure you can have ageing off in the userstartup- I thought that one worked on a lot-by-lot basis. Can anyone confirm? Also, is the spelling correct?

@Sunrader test with the 'aging off' line removed.

Thank you @joandsarah77 and Simsample. @Simsample, wow, it took me a while to test this properly because I just couldn't believe it. My sims have not aged in YEARS. In fact, before today, I had never seen that candy stripe animation at 6pm, but you are right. When I remove it, the aliases work. Such luxury! Thank you. I thought maybe it was an order thing, maybe the aging off has to go after the aliases, so I tested that, too, but it doesn't work. I also tested it as the only thing in a userstartup. Nope. I also tested to see if it could be entered in the neighborhood screen as, I am positive, I have done in the past. But, apparently, I've been typing it there for nothing, because, you are right, that does not work. However, this is the right spelling and it only works on the lot. Maybe it's American spelling? I don't know, but for now I have aliases and I just have to do something about aging, because, seriously, I have not had aging Sims EVER, having disliked that aspect the moment Sims 2 came out. I cannot figure that out. But, you are right about the cheat file. Thank you!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 10:55 PM
Ah, well done for figuring it out! Yes, I think the ageing is like a switch- once you enter a lot and turn ageing off, it will stay off for that lot permanently until you turn it back on again.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 11:31 PM
I use Pescado's individual ageing mod. It adds an ageing on/off to each sims menu. I find that very handy.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 2:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
I use Pescado's individual ageing mod. It adds an ageing on/off to each sims menu. I find that very handy.

I can never figure out if that type of mod turns it off for that sim or the lot? The same with InSim's temporal adjustor. Do you know if it's just for the sim on that menu?

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Ah, well done for figuring it out! Yes, I think the ageing is like a switch- once you enter a lot and turn ageing off, it will stay off for that lot permanently until you turn it back on again.

That's pretty funny if I turned it off and then thought all this time it was the userstartup. Thanks again, you've improved my sim life considerably.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 3:44 AM
You turn it off and on for each sim, it's on each sims pie menu. So say you have kids and you want them to age but not the parents, you just make sure it says 'my ageing in on' on each of the kids while the parents would say 'my ageing is off' or it says something similar to that.

Actually it's Monique not Pescado http://modthesims.info/d/160414

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Jan 2018 at 11:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You turn it off and on for each sim, it's on each sims pie menu. So say you have kids and you want them to age but not the parents, you just make sure it says 'my ageing in on' on each of the kids while the parents would say 'my ageing is off' or it says something similar to that.

Actually it's Monique not Pescado http://modthesims.info/d/160414

Oh, yes, I'd read about that but not tried it. Thanks!