Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 4:59 PM Last edited by ShaniaNextDoor : 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:44 PM. Reason: Problem Resolved x

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Taxi Glitch!!! - SOLVED <3
I've been suffering with a taxi glitch for a while now . PLEASE HELP ME.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEj6aYw4b6g
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 4th Jul 2017 at 7:00 PM
Does it happen on all lots, or just this one?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 1:40 AM
This isn't my video. But it happens all the time when I tried to go to ChesterBeacon ( CC lot ) and downtown
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 7:30 AM
Sounds like something is borked with the lot portals; check nothing is stopping the taxi from leaving the lot.

You could download Inge's portal revealer from Simlogical to see if you can spot any problems, otherwise you could replace the lot with a backup copy, or demolish it and re-build as a last resort.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 9:15 PM
Thank you !
How do you use the portal revealer ?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 9:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ShaniaNextDoor
Thank you !
How do you use the portal revealer ?

Just find it in the catalogue and place it on lot. Make sure you delete it again once you're done.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 6th Jul 2017 at 11:15 PM
it's also in the strangest spot, Build>two story windows-if memory suffices. You will know it when you see it.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#8 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:38 AM
Oh - mine's in Misc>Misc - maybe I moved it.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 4:32 AM
You must have done, if you are referring to the yellow spotted bird statue thing.

Also OP it's right here http://modthesims.info/d/251392

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#10 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 1:25 PM
Well, I do have a habit of editing everything to my exacting standards. I would not have been pleased to find it in two-storey windows though I guess Inge put it in there because there's not much else in there and it should be 'easy' to find even if you have a lot of CC.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 4:15 AM
I tried it -- it didn't work
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 8th Jul 2017 at 10:13 PM
Is something sitting over the portal? Could you see the portals?

Did you make a backup of your game and pull your CC?

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jul 2017 at 8:40 PM
Please explain
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 3:15 PM
My problem was still not fixed :/
Forum Resident
#15 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 6:32 PM
Jo asked what it was that didn't work. Did you download the Portal Revealer? Did you place it on the lot? You need to give more details so that people can help you. Please describe what you tried and what about it didn't work.

She also suggested that, after making a backup of your neighborhoods, you remove all of your custom content (the Downloads folder). If that fixes your problem, that means the problem was caused by one or more downloads and you can then try to find out where the problem lies. If it doesn't, the problem is somewhere else, for example with the lot. The Portal Revealer should help you in that case.

If that doesn't work or you have trouble with it, explain what the problem is and people will try to help you, but just saying "Please help" or "This doesn't work" is too vague to be of any use.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 24th Aug 2017 at 11:17 PM
@ShaniaNextDoor did you put the portal revealer down on your lot? Did you see the portals? The revealer doesn't fix anything, it merely makes the portals which are invisible, visible.

One time when a lot would not load I had placed some kind of tree deco over one of the portals.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 4:32 PM
I sincerely do apologize for my late response
My response sent as a PM ( silly me )

I didn't know how to use the PR ( PORTAL REVEALER ) Do I just place show portals or do I just leave it on the lot and travel ?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#18 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 5:58 PM
No just placing it on the lot should make them appear. You need to delete it once again when you're done. But avoid deleting portals unless you really have to.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 10:10 PM
You put down that strange looking bird on the lot. If nothing shows click on it and select 'show/reveal portals'. This will show you all these yellow boxes on the road. Those are the game portals, the things that sims and vehicles disappear into and reappear back onto the lot from when you play. Do you understand? We want you to check that all the portals are there, namely vehicle ones. The reason being you might have blocked or delete a portal by accident.

Next I would go to hood view (a zoomed in camera mod would help here) look closely at the community lot you are trying to send them to, is there some hood deco sitting on the lot possible over the portals? CC creators often make hood deco that can be placed onto lots these days so it's possible you blocked a portal with hood deco. As I said above, I did this with a hood tree deco one time. I had to move it.

Next if it's none of that, make a back up, remove all your download folder contents to your desktop. (I would not remove any NPC making mods, No Sim Loaded or Smarter EP check.) Load the lot (ignore all the gone cc) and try the taxi. If this fixes the issue you know your problem is with some cc in your download folder.

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Nov 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You put down that strange looking bird on the lot. If nothing shows click on it and select 'show/reveal portals'. This will show you all these yellow boxes on the road. Those are the game portals, the things that sims and vehicles disappear into and reappear back onto the lot from when you play. Do you understand? We want you to check that all the portals are there, namely vehicle ones. The reason being you might have blocked or delete a portal by accident.

Next I would go to hood view (a zoomed in camera mod would help here) look closely at the community lot you are trying to send them to, is there some hood deco sitting on the lot possible over the portals? CC creators often make hood deco that can be placed onto lots these days so it's possible you blocked a portal with hood deco. As I said above, I did this with a hood tree deco one time. I had to move it.

Next if it's none of that, make a back up, remove all your download folder contents to your desktop. (I would not remove any NPC making mods, No Sim Loaded or Smarter EP check.) Load the lot (ignore all the gone cc) and try the taxi. If this fixes the issue you know your problem is with some cc in your download folder.

Thanks everyone for helping me !
I will try the portals today and let you guys know how it went <33
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 5:27 PM

What if I just disable my cc and go in game ? Instead of removing everything ?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#22 Old 16th Jan 2018 at 2:14 AM
No that won't work. If you can think of some items you recently put into your game that could have caused this try pulling just those first. If that doesn't work I would pull the Download folder to desktop. If you made a full backup of your sims 2 folder and put it in a safe place it doesn't matter about the CC disappearing off your lot when you remove the download folder because you will revert to the back up once you have tested the issue, minus whatever cc is causing the problem. If the problem goes away without the download folder then you know it's bad cc. If it turns out to be cc you will then need to do the 50/50 method

~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 20th Jan 2018 at 7:24 PM

The only car related portal that showed up was **Car start and car stop**
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 21st Jan 2018 at 5:48 PM
No that won't work. If you can think of some items you recently put into your game that could have caused this try pulling just those first. If that doesn't work I would pull the Download folder to desktop. If you made a full backup of your sims 2 folder and put it in a safe place it doesn't matter about the CC disappearing off your lot when you remove the download folder because you will revert to the back up once you have tested the issue, minus whatever cc is causing the problem. If the problem goes away without the download folder then you know it's bad cc. If it turns out to be cc you will then need to do the 50/50 method

I took out all of my CC today and the taxi worked fine
The Matchmaker NPC even showed up so I'm wondering if a NPC mod ( if I have any ) is causing this problem ? >.<

Currently trying the 50/50 method
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#25 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:42 PM
Hey Guys!
I have awesome news I finally found what was causing my taxi / car glitch
It was the * Do not leave without me *UPDATED to v1.2 MOD *
IDK If the mod was outdated or what but
The problem was resolved and i'm so grateful for all of the help I received <3
Page 1 of 2