Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 5:04 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Need to disable public disgrace from detonating objects or stop relationships with friends from being affected by public disgrace
My celebrity Sim has been publicly disgraced three times, all of which were due to detonating objects. I mean seriously. My Sims are allowed to detonate objects as long as they are detonating them at the Junkyard. But it would be nice to prevent Sims from getting publicly disgraced from detonating objects altogether. Either that or it would be nice to prevent friendships from being affected by public disgrace. Yesterday I had to go through all my Sim's friendships and repair them with cheats, which was tedious since they are also friends with a lot of deceased Sims. Is there any mod that may be able to prevent detonating objects from being included on the list of ways celebrities can be publicly disgraced? Or a mod that may be able to prevent relationships with friends from being affected by getting publicly disgraced?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 7th Nov 2018 at 2:49 PM
I don't know, but this sounds like something that might be handled by poking around with Retuner.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 5:29 AM
What exactly is "Retuner"?
Site Helper
#4 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 2:24 PM
It's a very handy mod from NRAAS that allows you to change the settings for things and situations in game, although it's specific for the world you set it up in. (Although you can export your settings and then import them to all your other worlds as you play them, so it can still function as a replacement for various mods you may have that change autonomy of things or improve/reduce chances of something (Like witches casting love charms all over the neighborhood...))

https://www.nraas.net/community/Retuner is where to find it. The documentation doesn't seem to be up yet after the move, but the FAQ is there and can help.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 3:52 AM
Any idea whether it can disable relationship decay from public disgrace? Or disabling public disgrace from detonating objects?
Site Helper
#6 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 4:30 PM
I don't know, because I'm just learning everything it can do. But it seems likely that it can if you can find the right setting. Or you can get a (free) membership at Nraas.net and ask over there if someone has retuner settings that do that.

Test Subject
#7 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 7:06 PM
According to this, its under Story Progression:

Story Progression > General > Options:Friendship > Options: Celebrity > Allow False Accusations > [toggle to false]

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...ly-disgraced/p1
Mad Poster
#8 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:30 PM
Based on prior conversations, the OP will not use NRaas SP for story progression.

They are welcome to bring the Retuner question to us at NRaas, but I'm not sure there are options reachable that way that will go quite far enough. Other members may know of some, there's only a few hundred thousand things that Retuner can reach to select from and of course it is impossible to document what they all do (only EA or in some cases no one at all knows for sure what impact many of them have). But that's why so many things we like/need to do with this game must be scripted, as tuning can only go so far.