Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 8:11 AM
Default Aquarium Custom Content?
Hello everyone!

So I've been looking for some big Ultra Modern/High Tech Aquariums for one of my Sims 3 Sims to have in their laboratory to store exotic and mutated fish.
Probably a 4x4 size Aquarium.
I first thought that I might find at least a Sims 4 Dine Out to 3 Aquarium here, but no luck.
So are there any other sites that any of you recommend that would have what I'm talking about?
Plus, I previously thought about making my own Sims 4 to 3 Custom Content. I was planning on implementing The Sims 4 Get to Work Laboratory Objects like the Shower, Tank, and Computer into The Sims 3, but I'm an absolute newbie in making any type of mod. Plus, I think someone has already done that. If so, can anyone link me to that mod/custom content? Plus, I wouldn't want to create anything that has already been created and uploaded.

Thank you for reading this discussion!
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 19th Jan 2019 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimSorcerer
I first thought that I might find at least a Sims 4 Dine Out to 3 Aquarium here, but no luck.

If you send me the mesh and texture I can try to convert it.
The mesh should be in OBJ format. The texture in DDS or PNG format.
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#3 Old 25th Jan 2019 at 6:15 AM
Around The Sims 3 has some 4 to 3 conversions but I didn't see any aquarium items. However, she did have some 4 to 3 lab items(not the ones you listed though). She seems to make content fairly regularly so you should check back often.
Theorist
#4 Old 26th Jan 2019 at 4:09 PM
One trick I have used before is build a room, for your purposes use a 4x4. Use wall windows on it, so it is completely transparent. Use the (shiftable) fog emitter to give it bubble and water effects inside. Now use the (shiftable) fog emitter to place various types of fish in there too.
Lastly, place shrubs and rocks at the bottom of your new aquarium. Viola! Trickery can give you many custom aquariums this way.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?