Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th May 2023 at 4:42 PM
Default Custom Career Text/Dialogue not showing up
Hello folks! I'm wondering if anyone can help me figure out a puzzling issue I'm having with a custom career by Morganna.

I'm playing a completely medieval themed hood. All of my other custom careers are working as they should - meaning the text and dialogue portions are showing up.
However, for whatever reason, with Morganna's medieval default replacement of the Politics career, it's not working properly.

What happens is this:
The custom ICON for the career changes - from the basegame default to the Crown image/icon that Morganna changed it to. However, literally nothing else changes! The career name (Mayor should be King for example) doesn't change, and none of the text she changed shows up properly either. The basegame description for the politics career remains intact.

I've separated out my downloads folder, I've run this mod by itself and I've loaded it last in my (expansive) list of mods. There's no mod conflicts anywhere. As far as my testing can tell, it's the career itself.
However, when I open the career package with simPE, everything looks as it should with the text portions of the mod - that being said, I am NO modder. I've only ever done simple edits or followed a very specific tutorial. So it's entirely possible that there's an issue with the mod that I'm simply not understanding what I'm looking at.

Here is the link to Morganna's career.

Thanks in advance!
Cheers
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2023 at 6:57 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 6th May 2023 at 11:55 PM.
Have you checked the language settings? There are two English language settings for the game - US and UK (can't remember which is the default one). This is also reflected in any mod/career/etc. with texts included. If you use the other English setting, and only the default language has been changed for the texts in the mod/career, if there aren't any translations for other languages, and if it hasn't been copied to the other English version, the original text from the cloned career is going to show ingame instead of the text from the new career.

The easiest way to fix this (if you don't care about other languages than English) is to open the package file in SimPE, and click the "def lang only" button anywhere there's a text box with custom text. This changes all the translated languages to the default text currently written in the boxes. It should also be possible to copy the text from one language to another.

(edited to add, make sure to commit changes and save)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2023 at 11:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you checked the language settings? There are two English language settings for the game - US and UK (can't remember which is the default one). This is also reflected in any mod/career/etc. with texts included. If you use the other English setting, and only the default language has been changed for the texts in the mod/career, if there aren't any translations for other languages, and if it hasn't been copied to the other English version, the original text from the cloned career is going to show ingame instead of the text from the new career.

The easiest way to fix this (if you don't care about other languages than English) is to open the package file in SimPE, and click the "def lang only" button anywhere there's a text box with custom text. This changes all the translated languages to the default text currently written in the boxes. It should also be possible to copy the text from one language to another.

Thank you! Setting it to US English only (English was the default in the file...why this makes a difference I don't know?) resloved this!
Cheers and thank you again :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 15th May 2023 at 9:27 AM Last edited by RobertArcher : 1st Jun 2023 at 8:01 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22

(edited to add, make sure to commit changes and save)

I ain't tried it yet, but I will try it and if I face any problems, I will message you I am a college student who needs to write an essay but doesn't know how. I went online and found term paper writing services that will assist me in making my essay assignment. When I am done with my assignments after that I will try it and will update you.