Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Oct 2019 at 10:32 PM
Restaurants bugged, employees won't stay hired, turn into family members?
I'm having issues with my restaurants and have no idea how to straighten it out unless I remove all CC. I can create a Sim, build a restaurant, hire employees, open for a day, and everything is fine.

Once I save and close the game my restaurant becomes bugged. When I try to load my restaurant I get an error code 123:20ece5dd:e9518c0d. It won't load and kicks me back to the choose a world screen. The restaurant will load the second time every try, but it shows I no longer have any employees hired, and my previously hired employees show up every time I move from one lot to another as people I can choose to travel with me.

I can hire more employees, but as soon as I close the employees screen it shows I have no staff, and the new employees are added to the "pick people to travel with you" screen.

I have no idea how to fix this without removing thousands of CC files. I know how to find a bad file, but not one causing this issue. I would have to make a sim, build a restaurant, set it up, open it, then close the game every time I wanted to test 50% of the CC files.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. I love my CC and wouldn't play The Sims without it.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 7:24 AM
99% of the time error codes are have something to do with bad cc, without wanting to touch your CC there isn't any way to "Fix" it you can try and disable script mods from the options menu.

And you shouldn't have to make a sim, build a restaurant everytime, just save the game just before the problem occurs.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 30th Oct 2019 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Citysim
99% of the time error codes are have something to do with bad cc, without wanting to touch your CC there isn't any way to "Fix" it you can try and disable script mods from the options menu.

And you shouldn't have to make a sim, build a restaurant everytime, just save the game just before the problem occurs.

I'm totally ok with getting rid of whatever CC is causing the issue, I just don't know how to figure out what is causing the problem, which only occurs after I save and reload the game the next time I want to play. It's soooo frustrating.

I will try disabling script mods, but I'm not sure how many script mods I have. Some are obvious, but having taken a 4 or 5 year break from the Sims, when I got TS4 and started dl'ing cc I didn't keep track and separate them, which is my bad. Thank you for offering some help!
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Nov 2019 at 6:18 AM
Afraid you will have to do the hard yards here. Remove half your mods and cc and run the game, if it works then you know the fault is in the half you took out. Process of elimination from here on in. Add a few mods and cc back at a time (testing between each addition) until you find the problem file.

If you have a last exception file you could also paste it here https://lastexception.com/ and see if this narrows something down.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 5th Nov 2019 at 2:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
Afraid you will have to do the hard yards here. Remove half your mods and cc and run the game, if it works then you know the fault is in the half you took out. Process of elimination from here on in. Add a few mods and cc back at a time (testing between each addition) until you find the problem file.

If you have a last exception file you could also paste it here https://lastexception.com/ and see if this narrows something down.

In addition, if you happen to figure out what the problem is, could you please let us know the specifics? Thanks! (good luck)
Test Subject
#6 Old 13th Oct 2023 at 12:23 PM
To anyone who ended up on this page after searching for your error code on Google, try my mod: https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=676806