Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Mar 2024 at 4:53 PM
Default Possibly corrupted lot
I had a residential rental lot that I bulldozed to build a house on that lot. By the time the house was finished, I didn't realize the lot was still residential rental. I was able to change it back to residential. Then, my game started getting stuck on load screens. I was at a loss.

I removed the EA folder from my game and started fresh and installed the most recent update, but now, on a new save, when I try to place the lot (I added it to the gallery), the lot will place, but as soon as I go to manage worlds, I can see the lot from the neighborhood menu, but the price shows 2,000 (the price of the vacant lot, Beech Byway-Newcrest) and the lot is in fact vacant if I go to it or view it from nearby lots. I keep trying and the lot will not "stay" onto any lot where it is placed after I've gone to manage worlds.

I tried to move a family into the lot and save it, which worked, but then when I tried to go to manage worlds, the game got stuck on a loading screen.

Evidently, this lot is corrupted. Is there any way to fix this issue? It's a nice lot that took a long time to build and I don't want to write it off or rebuild it. Please help.

*I play Mod/CC-free.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 11:11 AM
This is For Rent EP, right? I think I saw someone posted similar issue somewhere on internet that turning premade rental lot into residential one would could infinite loading screen. You could try asking to official EA help.

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes