Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:06 PM Last edited by PasTaCopine : 23rd Feb 2019 at 10:28 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default All my aliens suddenly have regular eyes!
Hello,
I was playing with Aaron Rogers's world Strangetown when suddenly (really, just all of a sudden) I noticed that all my alien sims have lost their pitch black alien eyes and have just regular human eyes now. It's really breaking immersion for me since almost half of my Strangetown is alien... I tried going to Edit in CAS via NRAAS MC but I couldn't find a way to bring the black eyes back. Somehow the child and toddler aliens still have their eyes, but the adults don't. When I try to age a toddler sim to an adult in CAS, they also lose their eyes. What could be causing this?? I have a bunch of cc but it wasn't causing this problem up to now. How can I bring the eyes back?

Edit: I checked their Alien DNA percentage via NRAAS MC and saw that it was somehow set to 1. (Between 0-100) I set it back to 100 but it didn't change anything visually.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 25th Feb 2019 at 1:43 PM
Sadly this is normal for player made aliens, the game just isn't set up to allow us to make them, which means we need to use mods, but even then it can be hit or miss especially with the eyes.

It's been a long time since I last used aliens, so I can't remember exactly what I used to do to get the eyes back, think it had something to do with change appearance at a mirror but don't quote me on that.
Test Subject
#3 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 1:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
Hello,
I was playing with Aaron Rogers's world Strangetown when suddenly (really, just all of a sudden) I noticed that all my alien sims have lost their pitch black alien eyes and have just regular human eyes now. It's really breaking immersion for me since almost half of my Strangetown is alien... I tried going to Edit in CAS via NRAAS MC but I couldn't find a way to bring the black eyes back. Somehow the child and toddler aliens still have their eyes, but the adults don't. When I try to age a toddler sim to an adult in CAS, they also lose their eyes. What could be causing this?? I have a bunch of cc but it wasn't causing this problem up to now. . . How can I bring the eyes back?

Edit: I checked their Alien DNA percentage via NRAAS MC and saw that it was somehow set to 1. (Between 0-100) I set it back to 100 but it didn't change anything visually.

thanks my issue has been fixed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 3:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iosman1234
thanks my issue has been fixed.

Did you post at the wrong thread?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 31st Jan 2020 at 9:27 PM
Hello guys, I wanted to give a quick update in case somebody searches for the same problem and comes across this thread. I figured out what caused my alien eyes to disappear! It was Awt's custom eyeball mesh and eyeball sliders!!! I just removed all of them from my mods folder and all is well again. It's been a good 11 months without alien eyes but I'm really happy they're back. :D