Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#51 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 3:37 PM
IIRC

baby: 1 days
toddler: 3 days
child:6 days
teen;6 days
adult:43 days
My sims age to elder when they 60.

I tried to remove the aspiration bonus when sims age to elder but most of my elder didn't live enough to get to know their grandchildren.
I use a 48 hours pregnancy hack. Still not realistic but I don't think I could deal with a one day pregnancy mod.
Nowadays I don't play uni but if I would I'd manually remove 4 days from the adult stage to keep my adult sims in sync.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 5:03 PM
Pregnancy – maxis
Baby – 3 days
Toddler – 6 days, Age 1- 4
Child – 18 days, Age 4-13
Teen – 12 days, Age 13-19
Adult – 68 days, Age 19- 53
Elder – 4-24 days (it’s a medieval game with an average shorter lifespan than today)
Young adult - I have a 36 hour semester hack. Not everyone goes to university and students move back the same day that they would have aged from teen to adult if they had stayed in the main hood.

Two sim days corresponds approx. to one year except for pregnancy and the baby stage that would take too long if translated to realistic years . I have edited the fertility in ACR to be in synch with the changes in lifespans. Fertility peaks at 19 and starts to decline sharply after 30. It reaches 0 when the sim is 96 days, 7 days before they are elder (approx. 50 years). Seasons are maxis 5 days so they don't correspond at all with the age tweaks.
Scholar
#53 Old 17th Aug 2019 at 7:21 PM
My old aging system (working on a new aging system):

Pregnancy - 3 Days
Baby - 3 Days
Toddler - 6 Days
Child - 9 Days
Teen - 12 Days (technically 8 since I used to age them to YA when they had 4 days remaining)
Young Adult - 8 Days
Adult - 36 Days
Elder - 10 to 20 days
Plantsim Toddler - 6 Days
Plantsim Adult - 39 Days
Plantsim Elder - 15 to 25 days

Adult/Elder Werewolves age up a day on: Wednesdays, Fridays & Sundays.
Adult/Elder Plantsims age up a day on: Thursdays & Sundays.
Adult/Elder Witches age up a day on: Thursdays & Sundays.
Adult/Elder Vampires age up once a day on a Sunday.
Adult/Elder Fairies age up once a day on a Sunday.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 5:06 AM
To begin with, I used the Maxis aging. The biggest problem for me was that young parents, having a baby right as they came of age, would be old and grey before that baby grew up and might be dead before they were grandparents. So I extended the adult stage with elixir. Then the worst problem was that a teen with a baby sibling would still be a teen when the baby grew as tall as them! So I started aging teens up early. Then of course the baby stage is too long, pregnancy is too long... tweak one and the disjunct with another becomes more obvious.

Almighty Hat's Gestation-Based Aging is pleasingly logical, but at 4 sim days to one lifespan year, it would make my sims live so long that at the rate I play it'd take years to see another generation. Mertikora's 1 Day=1 Year aging mod is also nicely logical, but I feel like I wouldn't get enough time with my sims, especially children, who wouldn't have many days' opportunity for bringing a friend home. So... what if halfway in between, at two sim days to one lifespan year? That's logical, gives more time to get to know sims as they grow up, and yet won't make generations so long as to take away the fun of seeing the new youngsters start their own families.

I was set to start designing and trying to learn to create my own aging mod from scratch when I saw how closely Phaenoh's Let Kids Be Kids fitted into the age spans I was jotting down. Child and teen stages equalised, adults a bit longer than standard and can be tweaked further with elixir... it may not map exactly to a human life cycle, but the numbers just feel right and fun to play. Now I'm in the awkward stage of getting used to my hood-wide timeline decompressing, university students being away from the main hood for eight days instead of four, but I think I'll settle into it nicely.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#55 Old 18th Aug 2019 at 8:05 AM
That's the life span that I use, 1 day = 6 months. I achieve mine with the double ageing mod on MTS, plus using a global ageing on/off mod on the sims pie menu. I turn it off on toddlers at one day to the birthday so I can age them with cake on the night they would grow at 6. This way there is no exact timing to the cake. Then on adults I turn it off also at one day to elder and keep track of the days. I would tweak the ageing mod but I want those 14 days as a form of menopause before elder for my female sims.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#56 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 8:38 PM
I use the Maxis life span, treat it as a psychological age (due to liberal use of Elixir, the use of an external document to track actual ages, and lack of desire to "match up" ages) and interpret them thusly:

Baby - 1 day = 3 months (so a 1-day old baby thinks like I would expect a 6-year-old Sim to think, and the ages go from birth-1 year)
Toddler - 1 day = 1 year (1 year-5 years)
Child - 1 day = 1 year (5 years - 12 years)
Teenager* - 1 day = 1 year (13 years - 27 years)
Young Adult - 1 semester = 6 months (14 years - 31 years)
Adult - 1 day =1 year (18 years - 61 years)
Elder - 1 day = 1 year (49 years - a large number (82 years?)

* - I interpret teenager as "launch stage", including not only literal teenage years, but also the years after that when an adolescent is in the process of launching their career and having experiences that set their foundation for adulthood.

Note that overlapping ages reflect the fact that I allow teenagers to become young adults when my external timeline says exams happened, the Sim's grades say they passed said exams well enough and other circumstances say they accepted a university placement that makes them Young Adult. So teenager who almost immediately became a Young Adult would graduate at 18, nearly 10 years before their classmate who waited until the end of their teen years even began.
Page 3 of 3