Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Jun 2019 at 5:04 PM
Default Can't convince recolourable areas to work properly
So I've frankensteined a cute sailor style shirt together for kids, using the basic tshirt mesh, but no matter what tool I use - TSRW, S3PE, CTU - I cannot for the life of me convince the recolourable areas to work. with CTU I managed to get three working, but the fourth is still nope. As far as I can tell I've done it properly, but evidently not.

When I use the mask with the alpha layer, it only shows the stripes on the collar as a different colour, but not the sleeves. And there's only two colours. I have no idea anymore, and I need to go to bed. I'm probably overlooking something that's crazy obvious to anyone who actually knows what they're doing - I'd greatly appreciate some guidance here ^^ Thank you.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Masks.zip (11.9 KB, 6 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 12:01 AM
In CTU, have you enabled "4 channel RGBA" under the "Other" tab? Make sure to click Commit after you do.
In TSRW, make sure you clone an item that already has 4 channels, and that they're all enabled.

Looking at the mask with the alpha channel, it seems like you have the area for the collar under the Red, Green, and Alpha channels. Which leaves Blue for the buttons? Not sure what that small area under the collar is.
In any case, you have only two recolorable areas on that mask. Generally, the Red channel is completely full and is assigned to the largest area of the mesh - both to make things easier, and because the channels that come under it (Green, Blue, Alpha) will take precedence over it, and each other (e.g. Blue takes precedence over Red and Green, if the areas overlap).

If you want to have separate recolorable areas that work properly, fill the Red channel with white (this will be the body of your shirt), then the Green channel for the collar stripes, the Blue for the sleeve stripes, and the Alpha for the collar buttons. Unless, of course, you want to recolor your mesh differently e.g. body on Red, collar on Green, all stripes on Blue.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 8:42 AM Last edited by Amarysauce : 24th Aug 2019 at 9:01 AM.
Man, I don't even remember how I did what I did that far anymore.

And apparently the CTU hates me now because it's throwing errors all over the place if I try to use it. The shirt I'm using for the mesh only exists with 3 channels, as far as I can find, so I can't clone from one with 4 already.

I tried making a new clone with S3OC then ticking the thing in CTU (apparently it doesn't mind opening files, just browsing them) and now it seeeeeeeems to be working properly...except that the stripes don't line up on the shoulders, for some reason, despite being perfectly fine when the mask wouldn't work. Go figure. I give up.

Thanks for the advice, though.