Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Apr 2018 at 12:56 PM
Default How are garden prices calculated
For my mod 'Realistic Collectible prices' I am trying to lower prices from collectibles, including garden items (such as fruits, vegetables and flowers). I figured out how Fish prices were calculated and was able to edit that correctly (aside from the base price), but I can't seem to figure out what makes the garden prices.

As example, I edited the base price from apples from 7 to 1, which resulted in getting nice quality apples from prices between 0 and 4. The normal 7 price gave apples worth 4. When altering the base price from 7 to 70, it gave apples worth between 4 and 20. So, the base price alone isn't what calculates the prices.

I looked at quality, skill level, the actual plants, but I can't find anything that is connected to altering the complete price of the product. Can someone help me figure this out? It's like this annoying puzzle that is bothering me for days now T-T
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 4:33 PM
No heroes around?
Test Subject
#3 Old 15th Apr 2018 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Satira
No heroes around?

Definitely no hero, but I will take a look. Been itching for a new problem to solve
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Aug 2019 at 8:47 PM
Satira, I've been desperately trying to do the same thing. I researched your mod and it looks like you have given up on it for now. What have you learned about this topic? Is it actually impossible or have you just decided to put it off for now? I've been banging my head against the wall for two days now because I want to learn to make this happen. Do you (or anyone else) have any information on how to tweak the prices harvestables sell for?
Test Subject
#5 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 3:12 PM
Sad that this is hard to fix. I wanted to make some reasonable earnings on plants but it is ridiculous that I can get thousands of simoleons just by gathering from free plants. What damn stupid person at maxis made economy in this silly childish game? Someone as me want to play and have challenge and it seems that this game is made for stupid people so they can make lots of money for free.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 6:02 PM
@Cosm1c_gam3r There is a slightly outdated collectibles mod here: http://modthesims.info/d/630990/col...-the-money.html
But you can easily update the files if you know how to use S4S. You just open S4S, select override under objects, select debug, type in the name of the object (so open a collection list for the names), select it, save package, and right there in studio view is the price, just change that to whatever, save, and you're good to go (recommend merging like they did).

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
#7 Old 13th Feb 2020 at 7:56 PM
I am using this mod but some plants are untouched. For tweaked ones I have names in English wile I play on Polish version so maybe after this mod there was added some new plants?
Some long time ago I remember using some modding but it was long time ago.