Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 10:15 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th Mar 2019 at 11:08 PM.
Default Compatibility for The Sims 1 through 4 on a Windows 10 OS
Well, I recently purchased a Windows 10 PC tower and because it's currently under construction, I wanted to get some information on programming modes (OS modes that mimic the available OSes from those eras) that allow for the older games to be played and because it's a 64 bit OS, I can go further with my The Sims 4 game.

Question is: Is it possible to play all 4 generations on the PC Tower, especially since it's for gaming and video production?

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Mar 2019 at 1:27 AM
Hello, I have Windows 10 and I can play Sims 1 through Sims 4. You'll have to run the sims in 32-bit mode.They'll show up in the Program Files (x86) folder. Then right-click the icon, select Properties and go to the Compatibility tab. Check 'Run this computer in compatibility mode for:' Then select the OS version that the game was made for. Choices go from Windows 95 through Windows 8. Then click APPLY
Screenshots