Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2019 at 6:22 PM
Default Sims think something's blocking their path; can't find it
Well, this is ridiculous. I'm still new to TS4 but have played TS2 extensively, so I didn't think I'd get stuck on something so basic.

Anyway ... the sims in one of my households keep abandoning their cooking halfway through and when I manually ask them to continue, they make the "something's in the way" motion and I have no idea what's going on. As you can see in the screenshots, both stove and two counters are clearly accessible. The house doesn't have a basement and this problem started before I built the upper floor, so it's not something from below or above that's interfering.

Anyone know what else I could investigate to hopefully solve this??

Note that they've used the ice cream maker and the coffee machine without issue. I have since moved both of them to different counters in case it might help. Didn't.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 7:26 AM
This has now infected one of my other households as well, where even more free counters exist.......
Scholar
#3 Old 25th Jul 2019 at 3:22 PM
Do you often use Moveobjects on?
it's very touchy ever since recently, especially with functional objects that sims physically interact with
but builders are still using it unaware to the problems it creates, so if you downloaded a lot from the gallery, or built your own using MoveObjects on
I think your best way would be to turn the cheat off, pick every item in the kitchen, and try to place it down again (windows and lights included)
if you can - it's good, if you can't - it might be the routing cause..

also, there's a plate on one of the available surfaces, which you might wanna move first..
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 12:39 PM
I couldn't solve it, so I deleted all the furniture and started from scratch, but thanks for the tip. It's good to know anyway.
Scholar
#5 Old 16th Aug 2019 at 2:34 PM
I have this particular house, where no matter how much I have tried re-arranged things, they simply cannot finish clearing up the dishes, but you don't need a kitchen to clean dishes, just a sink and a bin somewhere, yet placed plenty of those everywhere, it still got me stumped until this day, only play household after every patch, hoping the behaviour will one day change.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 19th Aug 2019 at 6:17 PM
I’ve had this problem with a bed. It’s in the middle of a room and one of my Sims can’t leave the room. He gets out of bed and then stands beside it waving. I can get him to leave the room by clicking on the floor and choosing go here. Then he will gradually get out of the room. He has no problem going in the room, only leaving. This is weird and I think it must be some sort of bug. There is no custom content involved. Unless of course, I’ve simply made an incredibly stupid sim who gets in a room with no trouble and then forgets how to get out again. Seriously though, I made the house myself and didn’t use move objects on.