Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Aug 2019 at 3:57 PM
Default Roof problem spoiling inside of house
Hello, I have a roof problem and would be very grateful for any advice on how to solve it.

I downloaded this beautiful house http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=607584 and I love it. The problem isn't the house but the way EA makes roofs. The "roof walls" make the inside walls cut away so instead of seeing the cosy bedroom wall and wall decorations, I see the outside eave instead.

I tried deleting part of the exterior "roof wall" like I used to in other sim games (never mind if there's a hole showing on the outside), but I can't do that in sims 4 because the roof walls are part of the roof so the whole roof deletes.

I tried making the roof shorter by bringing it in, so the roof wall and the bedroom wall are the same wall. The game won't let me because it says I can't have a roof "inside an enclosed room".

I tried replacing the bedroom wall with tall half walls (half walls don't ever cut away), but then the whole roof shows inside the room which is no longer considered enclosed.

The only way to see the bedroom wall and not the roof wall is to play with walls up.

I was wondering if anyone else had ever been bothered by this and maybe found a workaround. Thanks for any help!
Screenshots