Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2019 at 3:58 PM
Default Counters pixelated and 'flashing' after latest patch. Help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FejRDr8NOhI

Video of what I mean (sorry about the quality, it wasn't that bad when I uploaded it).

This has ONLY been happening since the August 8th patch. It can't be my laptop, because I was playing for over 2 hours just the day before, and everything was fine - in fact, I've never had an issue like this. Also, it's ONLY affecting the counters - everything else is fine and working normally.

I thought it was a mod/CC at first, but this is happening (and the video was recorded in) a completely vanilla game; no mods, no CC and a new save. I did tweet SimGuruNick about it, but I don't think he's seen it, as I've had no reply as of yet. In my opinion, it seems to be a glitch tied to the patch, because it was working in the hours before the patch, then as soon as I updated, this started.

I've tried repairing the game through Origin, but it didn't make any difference.

Is ANYONE else having this weird glitch?

Would an uninstall and reinstall work, or should I just wait and see if it's mentioned by the gurus?

I'd like to get back to playing my legacy, but looking at those flashing counters constantly is driving me nuts.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 5:15 PM
Don't worry about it, managed to fix it myself..