Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 10:15 PM
Default Question Please
Hello everyone, I just want to be sure about something to be sure it is safe to do or not. Usually after I build my lot homes or community lots, I always sent to my Package Lot files.
And then save it on an extra hard drive so in case for some reason I have to uninstall, I will not have to create then all over again, but just place back in if I should have to start over.

My question is I once created a cemetery / graveyard I have had it for a very long time I have dead Sims like the Goth family in it, and a few other family who Sims died.
Is it ok for me to package this lot to my Package lot files, so that I do not have to go through the process of moving the dead Sims back in. But instead they will already be in the Package lot ( if that make sense )
I just want to "make sure" if this is ok to do and still be safe. I was just thinking about this today when I sent a Sims there to visit their love ones. That I have never package lot my cemetery. thanks

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 10:38 PM
A lot with graves is essentially an occupied lot (if I understand it corrrectly), which is not safe to place in the native neighborhood or any other neighborhoods, so probably not safe (at least if it's not cleaned up properly).

You could take a copy of the neighborhood, remove the graves, clean the lot of sim references (CH's cleaner, possibly another one?), package and then use elsewhere.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 21st Aug 2019 at 11:36 PM
What was said above, a lot with graves/urns is an occupied lot and all the same rules apply as if it were a living family.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 12:17 AM
Yep, moving it into a neighborhood would eventually cause a BFBVFS in the new hood.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 1:38 AM
It would be wiser to backup the entire user data folder (usually located in Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2) instead of single lots. Unoccupied lots are ok to package for later use, but lots with Sims (or graves) on them cannot retain any relationships outside the lot, even if you place them in the same neighborhood. Instead, the game will create duplicates of relatives for all the Sims in occupied lots instead of using any existing ones, which will bloat the neighborhood with unnecessary, duplicate Sims.
Meet Me In My Next Life
Original Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 3:44 AM
Yes I was thinking the same thing, about the cemetery not safe to package with dead Sims, I do have a copy ( clean ) of the Cemetery way before adding any dead Sims.
And all the home lots and community lots was send to my Package files way before adding any Sims ( they all are clean )
I don't know why I even ask this question when I already know the answer after playing the Sims for so long, but sometime your mind goes on ice, anyway I just wanted to heard it from others.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".