Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 3:10 PM
Default How do i kill my townies?
I did't really understand why would i need notowniesregen, but now i have over 600 sims in my game i kinda regret it. Is there a way to mass kill townies(safely).And is it ok to delete a subhood ?

I need a cigarette
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:13 PM
You can kill them however you like. Boolprop, cowplant, mass pool drowning, functional guns, just go nuts. Not sure about the subhood thing, I think it's safe because you're not deleting the actual sims, but I'll await confirmation from somebody who knows for sure.
Alchemist
#3 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 4:48 PM
You can delete a subhood, but when you do, it will dump all the sims in it into your main hood. The original hood only made 30 townies, btw.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:03 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:14 PM.
I don't get this thing about killing townies. Townies really represent the rest of the world. On a short trip into town and back today I saw hundreds of people that I didn't know. They're the Real Life townies. Unless you're playing a totally isolated community -- an unreached tribe or something -- there really should always be lots of townies in your game -- just to represent the billions of people on the earth.

Even if you do kill them, they'll still be in your game -- they'll be dead Sims in the Default "family". And to keep your game safe they really should all have graves (or urns). I know I'd much rather be playing with 600 townies in my game than have to lay out and build a huge cemetery for them. Why not live and let live? . . . And let your townies enjoy your neighbourhood?

As for removing a sub-'hood, I think it's safe enough as long as you don't accidentally delete any Sims with it. Make sure there are no occupied lots, or lots with graves or urns before you remove it. And make a backup copy of the whole neighbourhood first.

[P.S.] I think Sunrader's right about deleting sub-'hoods. I believe the game just dumps all the Sims from the sub-hood into the main 'hood. I've never deleted a sub-'hood myself. Still, it won't do any harm to move all the Sims and graves out of the sub-'hood before removing it. And making backups is never a bad idea!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:16 PM
Well the reason i want to kill my townies, is because i want to make my own ones, I have over 50 pixels with back stories, they will have proper jobs, education funds and everything.. And if i add all this new pixels as townies that would be an over kill at least i think so. The SubHood i want to delete is a UNI campus, Since i have decided that my pixels will be attending uni from the mainhood

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#6 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:23 PM
Killing townies doesn't actually get rid of their files. It just makes sure that sim doesn't show up in the neighborhood again (maybe replacing them with a grave/urn). They're still considered to be in the game. If you want to properly remove all references of them, the deleting process is much harder.

The easiest way is to start a new, empty neighborhood with cleaned stealth hoods, and use the notownieregen and similar hacks to make sure the game doesn't make more NPCs than the bare minimum.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:25 PM
What you could do, rather than kill them all and replace them, is make a bunch in Bodyshop and then use SimSurgery in SimPE to copy their appearance over. You can rename them there too and alter their skills and personalities and everything, so it's like having new townies but without having to go to all the effort of killing the old ones.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:29 PM
Or give them full makeovers ingame. You can change everything but their skintone and eyes ingame, and the rest you can fix in SimPE (including setting a changed face to genetic)
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
Well the reason i want to kill my townies, is because i want to make my own ones, I have over 50 pixels with back stories, they will have proper jobs, education funds and everything.. And if i add all this new pixels as townies that would be an over kill at least i think so. The SubHood i want to delete is a UNI campus, Since i have decided that my pixels will be attending uni from the mainhood

As others are saying... this will just create MORE files. I don't know how many times I've seen people say they want to kill townies to make more townies when they can just make the ones they have into whatever they want them to be. You can easily change appearances, gender, jobs, etc of any of the files you already have in the game.

You can change the skin in game, too, if you want. http://modthesims.info/d/284572

However, if you just have too many to play with, but you don't have another kind of subhood, like a downtown... you can make some of them downtownies and they'll just disappear from play, but still be safe in the game.
Scholar
#10 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 5:45 PM
Whenever you add a sub-hood all of the sims are placed into the primary neighbourhood file, only the lots and terrain files are ever used from sub-hood files so deleting them is safe (but it won't reduce the number of sims).

The 'UrnStone Neighborhood Controller' does have an op-code named 'NS_NeighborhoodRemoved' that should run and unlink any dead sims buried in a deleted sub-hood that 'no unlink on delete' mod does not prevent. However, although called directly from the game's executable I have never known that code to actually run.
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:37 PM
I am too far in my gameplay to start over(rotation 4), so my safest bet it just giving makeovers to my townies. I really should have thought this trough before starting my Pleasantview(which is the game default one not the cleaned up version). What would you guys do?

I need a cigarette
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:48 PM
In your case, I'd just make over the townies, I think, either by SimSurgery-ing a bunch (if say, you'd downloaded a bunch of good-looking ones and want them in your game) or using MidgeTheTree's updated Gussy Up plugin to makeover any that walk by.
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 7:56 PM
But will simsurgery alter the genetics or just looks?

I need a cigarette
Alchemist
#14 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:04 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:18 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MeltingMagnetz
But will simsurgery alter the genetics or just looks?

Just wondering... does it matter if they are just townies that you aren't breeding, anyway? If you want to fix genetics for ones you make playable, that's an easy SimPE fix. Are you missing any of the subhoods for this PV, a downtown or vacation hood or something, you could also send some there by changing their family instance. I've only used it with downtown, but should work with other types as well. I can test if you are interested.

You can use SimSurgery without making models by creatively combining aspects, like just pick a sim as archetype and change face only, then another archetype and choose skin, and another archetype and choose eyes only... stuff like that. Then you don't need to make models.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 8:28 PM
About the Uni thing... you can't delete a Uni subhood

I do Uni from main hood too! Only not like...actual Uni. I'm building a kinda Uni section of the city and moving teens, adults and whoever goes to Uni into that section. All in the main hood! :D

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 11:32 PM
I would say if there are some you can't stand and if you want a real cemetery kill those.
Some you like makeover
others toss in the prisoner tag or ban with the VC
The rest leave as is.

Another option is to age them. I do that because while I like to have some townies I do not want a static hood. I don't want the little girl who came to play cops and robbers to still be a little girl while my playable is now an old lady. every now and then I grab a bunch based on their first initial and age them up a stage. So if you were a child you are now a teen and if you were an adult you are now an elder and if you are an elder you get placed into my retirement home and I play you until you die. One unfortunate YA got made elder as I hadn't realized he was a YA but oh well lol, I'm sure his life flashed before his eyes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#17 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:26 AM
Best way if you still want to is make them controllable, have testingcheats enabled and shift click on them choose "Rodney's death creator." Click on it and choose method of death. Interesting watching someone drown on the sidewalk but I usually use electrocution. If one really ticks me off it's flies or fire.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
You can delete a subhood, but when you do, it will dump all the sims in it into your main hood. The original hood only made 30 townies, btw.

====
Never thought about that. So do playable sims in houses get put into the main hood bin?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Instructor
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 1:52 AM
I know a lot about killing townies, downtownies et al. Kind of the Sims hitman. "Yeah, for 1000 simoleons I can make him disappear." Note that would be a cool custom career. BTW did you know "simoleons" was slang for money in general in the 1930s (maybe later?)
Alchemist
#20 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:26 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
====
Never thought about that. So do playable sims in houses get put into the main hood bin?

Yes, this is a great technique for purposely moving sims from a subhood/shopping district to the main hood. This is why we can get the bin families with meetme2theriver's stealth hoods as subhoods. https://meetmetotheriver.tumblr.com...d-empty-stealth
I used it on purpose recently when I created a clean (no townie no stealth hoods) Desiderata, changed it to a subhood, attached it to a new Pleasantview, then deleted it, because I wanted the playable Desi characters in my PV.

Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound
About the Uni thing... you can't delete a Uni subhood

You can, but you have to have a second one before you have the option to delete the first one.

It's different for Unis, though, I guess because YAs don't appear in the vanilla main hood, but if you delete a uni, they will just get dumped in the other uni bin.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:19 PM
I usethe Townie and NPC Maker tree. It has the option of killing all townies. I'm currently playing Sims on my computer right now so I'm on my phone and it doesn't say who created it in the description. When I finish this rotation I will search my downloads folder for it.

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Instructor
#22 Old 24th Aug 2019 at 10:50 PM
I don't think that's a good idea as there will be dead sims with no tombstone ------>BFBVFS.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 2:53 AM Last edited by Peace : 25th Aug 2019 at 5:53 AM. Reason: update
Its been a long time since i used that feature. Im pretty sure it transports the townies to you then they start to die... but let me test it on a copied neighborhood and i will let you know how it goes. Find the tree HERE

Make sure you lock them into an area where they cant leave. I did use Insimenator to save the kids. Game seems to still be running fine. Soooooo.....

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#24 Old 25th Aug 2019 at 10:19 AM
Ah if it's leaving the graves, that should be all right then.
Instructor
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Aug 2019 at 2:09 AM
@Peace thanks for the detailed testing, but the files would still be there so my goal wouldn't be achieved, i started everything over hopefully i am smarter this time

I need a cigarette
Page 1 of 2