Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 6:51 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Stray pets vanish when sims try to interact with them
Hello,

I've been having this issue since forever and finally decided to post about it, hoping there is a solution somewhere.
Stray pets come into my sim's gardens, front lawns and doorway, and they to all sort of things like sleep, dig the yard, etc. but as soon as I send one of my sims to interact with it, the stray just straight up vanishes. This happens every single time. Might anyone know why?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 22nd Aug 2019 at 9:49 PM
Hi PasTaCopine!

Does this article at NRaas help at all?

Stray Cats and Dogs

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 8:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarah_Sims
Hi PasTaCopine!

Does this article at NRaas help at all?

Stray Cats and Dogs

It definitely helps Sarah!! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 9:16 AM
Hello (: I've got 2 questions. I read the article you mentioned and i am confused now. If I don't want ANY stray pets, I have to adjust it in Register AND with Retuner ? And if I don't want to have any deers/stray pets in my town, I have to create an override or is it just if I want more and not less strays/deers/raccoons?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 10:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PasTaCopine
It definitely helps Sarah!! Thanks so much!

You're welcome!

Quote: Originally posted by Fluse
If I don't want ANY stray pets, I have to adjust it in Register AND with Retuner?

If I don't want to have any deers/stray pets in my town, I have to create an override?

In both cases no, just set them to 0 (zero) in NRaas Register.

That article linked above at NRaas should only be followed if you want MORE strays, deers, racoons etc. in your game, as far as I am aware.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 11:53 AM
@Sarah_Sims
Thank you very much (:
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:00 PM
@Sarah_Sims
Thank you very much (:

You're welcome!