Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 12:21 PM
Default Can I use repository technique for a part of the texture only?
Is it possible to reposity (am I even using this word correctly?) this part only of the texture:

why I want to do this is because I'm creating different newspaper default replacements, and I thought instead of creating many versions of the outfit too, I could slave it to the newspaper texture. Do I make any sense? I've read some threads and tutorials (for objects, though) but I'm not too sure on how I only slave a part of the texture? Is it even possible?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 2:36 PM
I don't think you can repository clothes to objects or object accessories because they work a bit different from each other.

If you want to slave just one part of the texture you need that part to be a separate mesh group. If you separate the newspaper from the rest of the outfit and make it into a separate group, and then make a texture group with only the newspaper for the new group, you could slave the rest of the outfit to the "master" outfit (this would save a lot of space).

Look into noblend/alpha groups or adding clothing subsets.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 3:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I don't think you can repository clothes to objects or object accessories because they work a bit different from each other.

If you want to slave just one part of the texture you need that part to be a separate mesh group. If you separate the newspaper from the rest of the outfit and make it into a separate group, and then make a texture group with only the newspaper for the new group, you could slave the rest of the outfit to the "master" outfit (this would save a lot of space).

Look into noblend/alpha groups or adding clothing subsets.

Ahh I see, darn it! Perhaps separating the newspapers would be worth it though, thank you!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 5:55 PM
You could make various defaults with the newspaper design (and add them as a bonus if you upload). Since you're making newspaper defaults you can only use one default at a time anyway.

If you upload, don't put them in the same files. Some people use NPC default replacements and may not like the combined files.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2019 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You could make various defaults with the newspaper design (and add them as a bonus if you upload). Since you're making newspaper defaults you can only use one default at a time anyway.

If you upload, don't put them in the same files. Some people use NPC default replacements and may not like the combined files.

Yeah I know hehe :-D I think some people might not like things I added, that's why I have multiple replacements! But of course they shouldn't be used together as you said. I won't merge them with the NPC outfit either, they will be in separate packages!