Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 3:08 PM
Change Effects in Custom Objects
Hello everyone! I'm trying to make nice objects. I started with basic items such as chairs or tables, but since there are many of them everywhere, I decided to create something new.
I made a stove and stereo. The problem with both objects, and the question for this post is about the effects. Is there any way to change the position of the effects, like the echo of the stereo and notes, and a way to change the effect itself (I want to change the effect of the expensive stove for a traditional fire to my mesh)?
As far as I know, I think effects are stored in the main script of the OBJK, but I don't where to start to edit an script. I only need to change the type of effect, not anything else in the script.

Someone can teach me how to change effects?

I thank you in advance for your help.
Advertisement
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#2 Old 7th Sep 2010 at 11:33 PM
Re: Stereo

First you'll need to download and install atavera's wrappers for s3pe:
Quote:
Extract into your S3PE folder. The RIG Resource wrapper requires granny2.dll. You can download it for free at http://www.radgametools.com/granny/download.html it is included in the "Granny Crowd Scene Demo". This must be placed in your S3PE directory.

Once you got that, open the stereo in S3PE and select the RIG resource. Open it in Grid, go to Rig Data/Skeleton/Bones and find the bone named "_FX_0_musicEffects". Then go to Local Transform/Position and enter the coordinates where you want the effects to appear. Press OK, Commit, and save the package.

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 12:38 AM
Mmm... I did everything as you said, but everytime I try to commit my changes to the RIG File, the S3PE crashes. I cannot figure out what's wrong. Thanks for your help. I still wonder how change the Effect model...
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#4 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:03 AM
Do you have the latest version of s3pe?

"Part of being a mesher is being persistent through your own confusedness" - HystericalParoxysm
| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 5:50 AM
Actually, I have the lastest (1008.29.21.37653) and the previus version (1007.24.10.17745). I install the granny2.dll file in both, the s3pi in both and the RIG Resource wrapper in both. But IN BOTH it crashes everytime I try to commit, or even if I try to export the RIG file. So I think there's something wrong with the wapper.
I attach an imagen showing the information about the crash.
Again, thanks for your help.
Screenshots
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#6 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 6:29 PM
Did you install all of atavera's wrappers or just the RIG wrapper?

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 10:12 PM
I've installed everything in the download file. Anyway, I'm talking with Atavera to find why my problem happens. Maybe s/he find a way to fix it and make the files work in my computer. Thanks for your help, cmomoney. If you also know how you change the model effect, please let me know.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#8 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:06 PM
It really depends on what effect you're trying to change and how you want to change it. Either way, you'll probably have to give the object it's own script class and change it there.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:35 PM
Working perfectly fine for me.

Try uninstalling S3PE, re-installing it and then add in the plugins again. Make sure you extract ALL files into the main S3PE folder. You probably missed the Helper folder, or a vital .DLL file.
Inventor
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Sep 2010 at 11:57 PM
Actually I did it. I tried some old versions, the newest one... but the wrapper don't want to work. I suspect that this can be because of my OS (Windows 7), but of course I'm not sure.
cmomoney, I want to change the fire effect of the EXPENSIVE STOVE (my stove was clone from this one) to the normal fire effect. It annoys me a lot that a normal stove has some kind of electronic fire, but I also want the effects that has the expensive stove (like faster 'cooking' learning). So, I only NEED to replace the effect of the expensive stove for the cheap stove, but preserving the other bonus features.
˙uʍop ǝpᴉsdn ǝɹ,noʎ 'oN
#11 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 1:01 AM
The expensive stove class uses the "stoveBurnerFlattopFx"and the cheap one uses the "stoveBurnerElectricFx". You would probably have to have your own script class derived from the Expensive one that uses the "stoveBurnerElectricFx", I think.

| (• ◡•)| (❍ᴥ❍ʋ) [◕ ‿ ◕]
Inventor
Original Poster
#12 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 2:18 AM
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how can I get the script file? I can only see the script as a reference in the OBJK. I tried to load some .packages from the base game, but I cannot find out where the scripts are stored. Again, sorry if I bother you.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 9th Sep 2010 at 9:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naus Allien
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but how can I get the script file? I can only see the script as a reference in the OBJK. I tried to load some .packages from the base game, but I cannot find out where the scripts are stored. Again, sorry if I bother you.

The scripts are stored inside .DLL files written in C#. This guide will teach you how to view those files and to write your own script, though it is a bit outdated, but useful information.

http://linna.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=362488
Field Researcher
#14 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 8:38 AM
You could just change the script field on the OBJK to "Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Appliances.Mimics.StoveCheap".
Then it should behave just like a cheap stove (probably without the cooking and food bonus of the expensive stove, although you might be able to override this by tunning).

If you want some of the properties of the expensive stove, and others of the cheap stove without going into tunning, you would need to make a script for your object as Odistant and cmomoney said.
Inventor
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Sep 2010 at 7:15 PM Last edited by Naus Allien : 14th Sep 2010 at 3:16 PM.
I think this it's too hard for me. I don't know why, but when I save a package with S3PE, no matter what changes I did, and put it in my mods/packages folder, the object didn't show up in the game.
BTW, all my framework is correctly installed.