Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 4:44 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default most recolors no longer packaged with lots
I've been having this problem for about a month and a half - when I package a lot, 90% of my recolors are no longer packaged with it. This is annoying since I'd like to upload my recolors to the sims exchange before anyone else does, but I can't get them to go with my lots any more. (Well, when the lots upload to the exchange at all, which has been almost never lately.)

This happens when I package a lot to a file as well. For example today I removed my folders with hacks and other people's objects, and left only a folder in downloads with a nursery set and 10 bedding recolors. The only thing that packaged with the lot was the nursery set. I thought maybe this was because the nursery set was the only thing made with the latest build of Simpe, so I redid one of my beds, and tried again. Still only the nursery set.

It isn't a conflict with a hack, because I always remove the hacks folder before I upload anything. A lot of people hate unexepected hacks, so it's only polite to try not to pass them along.

Oddly, when I DO have the hacks folder and other people's objects in my downloads folder, once in a while everything gets packaged to a file again.

I reinstalled the game, letting it remove all the files after I backed them up, hoping that would fix things, but it didn't help.

Even if there are no suggestions for solving this, has anyone else been having this problem, at least?
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 4:51 AM
I have not seen this reported at all... only the opposite where all recolors get packaged with the lot.

If you remove your hacks, make sure you move them outside The Sims 2 folder in My Documents because even if you just rename it and it still resides inside The Sims 2 folder, the game can still read it and pick it up and package it with the lot. That's why we always recommend you move these folders to your desktop before packaging because that's a guarantee that they will not get picked up when you package.

How are you checking the packaged lot to see if your recolors are packaged? Using Clean Installer, Multi-Sims2pack Installer, or just reinstalling the lot itself?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 3:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies

How are you checking the packaged lot to see if your recolors are packaged? Using Clean Installer, Multi-Sims2pack Installer, or just reinstalling the lot itself?

Clean installer, and by checking the list of custom content on MySims page in the rare instances that lots upload to the exchange. And I remove the hacks folder, not rename them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 6:15 PM
The plot thickens...

I was able to upload a house with some of my newest recolors. None of the new bedding recolors I made went, however, just nursery stuff, mirrors and lights.

I seeing what would happen if I put all my objects and hacks back into the folderand packaging to file, since as I said some older objects seemed to be captured that way.

A lot of other people's objects were package, and ALL my nursery (crib, changing table, potty) recolors were, even those made with the earliest versions of SimPE that allowed for recolors. NO other type of recolors were packaged. What makes baby furniture different, I have no idea.

I'm going to try emptying out the downloads folder of everything but my recolors and the CEP package (I left in downloaded floors, walls and clothes before) to rule out some sort of corupt mesh or custom content and see if that helps. If it doesn't, I can't think of anything but completely unistalling the game and wiping the registry clear of The Sims 2 too before installing Nightlife.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 7:17 PM
It seems as though I've discovered the source of the problem. I'm going to explain in case someone else has this problem in the future.

I began to have this problem right around the time the new GUI of SimPE came out. I couldn't think of anything that would connect the two, until I sorted things in my downloads folder to move today, as I said I would above. I found the new GUI of SimPE less intuitive, and I kept getting an error message - so I decided to unistall it and go back to an older version of it. Still got the error messages, but I soon found a solution to them on the SimPE boards and figured out how to get the classic GUI to show up on Simpe.

Unbeknownst to me, when I installed the older version of Simpe, it installed directly to my Downloads folder. Sorting the files by type, I was surprised to see SimPE dll files from October, and figured out where they came from. Once I deleted them, lots packaged correctly. At least I've packaged 4 lots correctly, anyway, so hopefully the problem is fixed.

Lesson: Don't keep SimPE dll files in Downloads!