Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2020 at 3:00 PM Last edited by ClaireSav1989 : 11th May 2020 at 4:00 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default 2 screens to play sims
Hi, I play sims 3 on a laptop and I just bought a 2nd screen so that I can multitask while gaming. My plan was to continue playing Sims on my laptop and use the monitor for everything else. My problem is, while gaming it won't let me move my mouse to the other screen unless i'm in windowed mode.. I hate window mode. I don't like how the game looks in window mode... Anyway, is there a way around it where I can play the sims not in window mode and still navigate my mouse to the 2nd monitor?? Thanks.

I have Windows 10 - Acer Nitro 5, if that's any help.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th May 2020 at 8:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ClaireSav1989
Anyway, is there a way around it where I can play the sims not in window mode and still navigate my mouse to the 2nd monitor?? Thanks.

This may help.

Windowed Borderless Gaming

That's what I use to run the game in a window but it looks like fullscreen.

Sarah_Sims
NRaas Industries
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jun 2020 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
That depends on what the OP meant "I hate window mode. I don't like how the game looks in window mode..."

What that twitch program does is run it in window mode, the same as the built in game does, however fully without borders. if that is the problem the OP has, doesn't like the look of the borders, than twitch will serve this need.

But if the OP meant the graphical differences, which I don't actually know of any b/c they look the same to me, then this actually is exactly the same as running in window.

The only real difference between window and full screen graphically? Is your desktop setting, that is why sometimes one would be darker or brighter than the other, etc... If that is the problem the OP is experiencing, then this program will not change anything b/c in window mode even without borders, it still uses your desktop graphical setting.

Sorry for the delay in replying lol By the look I mean how small the thumbnails of the sims, needs bar, build/buy mode etc becomes when in windowed mode. I see now there's no other way around it so i'll have to learn to live with it lol