Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2020 at 6:10 AM Last edited by nahuelma97 : 16th May 2020 at 6:16 AM. Reason: Was gonna add information that doesn't add any relevant information as far as I can tell

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Moving Sims to Another Saved World
Hi,

I'm completely new here, so sorry if I mess it up posting in the wrong place or something. I tried to find information on this but wasn't able to find specifics about my issue, maybe cuz I'm too niche lol

I downloaded a custom world, Alpine County from thesimscatalog.com and opened it on a new save. I browsed through the town and stuff, and over a few weeks edited some details in-game, like houses that I didn't quite like, lighting on others, small things like that. All in game, not in Create a World. I hadn't actually downloaded until like two days ago.

Meanwhile, my other save, Isla Paradiso, I kept playing with it but already planning ahead for them to move to Alpine County. Thing is, I didn't notice at first, but after a while I did, that if I move them in-game to Alpine County, it's gonna be the default downloaded version, without my edits. I know that I can simply save a copy of them in the library and that's it, and I've tried it, but it didn't turn our quite as I would've liked it. The lots I edited are not there, they lost all their friends, and their adventures were cancelled (they had some pending ones for all three destinations).

I was wondering if there was a way for me to move them to the edited version without copying them into the library, keeping the relationships they have now, and without losing all of their adventures in China, Egypt, and France. Either somehow "extracting" the world from the saved game, with its edited lots, and reinstall it as a custom world (overwriting the previously installed Alpine County) so they can simply move to it via the in-game mechanisms, or anything else that works really.

As I said before, bit of a niche question lol hopefully someone can help me. Thanks in advance
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
nraas porter or nraas traveler

Hey, thanks for replying so fast.

I checked both mods, the interactions information on their NRaas pages. It's clear how I'd use Porter, moving their relations to the new town.

I'm not so sure about Traveler. Would the way be using the "Hidden Worlds" interaction to make the world I want them to live in visible within the in-game "travel" interaction, and then once they're there using "Change Hometown" to move them permanently to that town? If so, would that make it so they're always on vacation mode then? Or does the game take it as a normal town once the new town is set as their hometown?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th May 2020 at 8:58 AM
no actually traveler allows you to use the traveler's own "move hometown" so you can move to the hometown without losing your other worlds. just follow the instructions carefully, you have to save and quit and restart the game after the initial move.

Oh, I see. Great, so then I just have to save the lots I edited to the library and place them again once they've moved so everything stays how I want it. Awesome, thanks :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th May 2020 at 6:15 AM
you dont have to do that
just put the nhd file of that world into your current save then travel there as a vacation with traveler. then use the traveler's change homeworld function.

make sure you backup everything before you try though.

Ah, awesome, even better than lol great, thank you again